.tsv question regarding BIDS

Hi there!
I’ve been trying to get my data into BIDS specification for longer than I care to admit. Almost done, but I can’t seem to solve this error regarding the naming of my tsv file:

Error 1: [Code 1] NOT_INCLUDED

task-Face_acq-TR1750_events.tsv 0.194 KB | text/tab-separated-values

Nifti/sub-AUD4/ses-1/func/task-Face_acq-TR1750_events.tsv

Reason:

Files with such naming scheme are not part of BIDS specification. This error is most commonly caused by typos in file names that make them not BIDS compatible. Please consult the specification and make sure your files are named correctly. If this is not a file naming issue (for example when including files not yet covered by the BIDS specification) you should include a “.bidsignore” file in your dataset (see https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-validator#bidsignore for details). Please note that derived (processed) data should be placed in /derivatives folder and source data (such as DICOMS or behavioural logs in proprietary formats) should be placed in the /sourcedata folder.

Evidence:

task-Face_acq-TR1750_events.tsv

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I don’t understand what is wrong with my naming

I think that, given the location of your file, it needs to include the subject and session IDs in the filename.

So it should be:
Nifti/sub-AUD4/ses-1/func/sub-AUD4_ses-1_task-Face_acq-TR1750_events.tsv

If the events files are meant to apply to all participants and sessions, you can keep it at a higher level:
Nifti/task-Face_acq-TR1750_events.tsv

Thank you for the fast reply! You’re right, problem solved.

1 Like