Understanding adhd data and atlases

Hi,

I am working on a small project with the adhd data. My background is software engineering, but I am very new to nipy and neuroscience in general so I might get some terminology wrong. I am working with the nipy suite of libraries.

Currently I am working my way through the correlation/connectome examples. I have a few doubts but, in order to keep it simple, I will just
post a couple, hoping for help.

1. The fetch_adhd functions states that a maximum of 40 subjects can be retrieved. This means that if I want to use more, I need to do all the processing myself from the files at
    https://www.nitrc.org. But then, how to I get to the same data structures that are provided by fetch_adhd? In particular, it seems the confounds are really important, so I need to reproduce whatever creates the adhd data dictionary.

2. nilearn provides some atlases and I have more or less understood how to use them. However, on NITRC one can also find 2 functional parcellation templates(cc200 and cc400), and time series are provided
    for those parcellations. I think I managed to create and display connectomes with those templates but, what if I want to know the label of a region? Those regions are labelled by numbers.
    For example, if I use the aal atlas, I can see ‘Precentral_L’, ‘Precental_R’ and so on. Can I do the same with the cc200 for example? I fear that, since those parcellation are functional
    and not anatomical, there are no real labels associated to the region. But I would still like to have a data-structure that allows me to query things like: this region overlaps or is in V1, or in the
    frontal lobe or other.

Best Regards,
Alessandro

1 Like

Do you know how to fetch time series cc200 for ADHD data without having to preprocess it ?

Hello! What do you mean by that? The NITRC Athena pipeline already provides CC200 time-series that are extracted after the preprocessing.

Hi, were you able to figure it out? How do I fetch Athena preprocessed data to nilearn?