Unprocessed HCP data in BIDS format for fMRIPrep?

Hello,

I’m currently trying to run unprocessed structural MRI and task fMRI data from the Human Connectome Project young adult dataset through fMRIPrep. I’m encountering an issue where my fMRIPrep script hangs at the start when attempting to deal with HCP field maps (it runs fine when these files aren’t present).

I was wondering whether anyone has successfully run HCP data through fMRIPrep, and knows of where such data for even a single subject might be available? it would be a big help just for me to be able to see exactly what input for a successful version looks like!

Nick

Hi,

Hello,

Thank you for your reply! We’re running a project in which we want to test the performance of and compute required by different variants of fMRIPrep, and want to do so with a relatively large dataset, hence this slightly strange mix of data/preprocessing!

Thank you for sharing these links, I’ll have a look through all of them :slight_smile:

One more question, do you know whether unprocessed HCP data contains any dummy/non steady-state volumes that should be removed prior to preprocessing (and if so, how many?)? Or have these already been dealt with prior to release?

Thanks so much,

Nick

Hi @nicksouter,

You might find the Healthy Brain Network project easier to deal with. It has been curated to BIDS and can be downloaded with Amazon S3.

The S3 bucket is at s3://fcp-indi/data/Projects/HBN/BIDS_curated/

It contains resting state and two movie watching tasks. I do not think you have to worry about removing dummy volumes.

Best,
Steven

Hi Steven,

Thank you! This looks like a great resource, I’ll have a look through today.

Best wishes,

Nick