--use-aroma fmriprep v24.0.0

Summary of what happened:

Hi all,
Is there any alternative flag(s) for *–use-aroma * flag in fmriprep v24.0.0? It looks like it is not supported anymore and I’m wondering what alternative flag may give me the same result as --use-aroma was giving.
Thanks,

FYI: I’m new in the realm of fMRI. So I would appreciate it if to give me more details :slight_smile:

Command used (and if a helper script was used, a link to the helper script or the command generated):

fmriprep-docker  /Nifti derivatives participant --participant-label sub-01 --fs-license-file freesurfer_license.txt --output-spaces MNI152NLin6Asym -w work/ --use-aroma

Version:

fmriprep v24.0.0

There is no flag to run AROMA in fMRIPrep v24.0.0. ICA-AROMA is something that doesn’t need to be integrated into a minimal preprocessing pipeline, so the fMRIPrep devs consider it out of scope. A few of us have been working on implementing the ICA-AROMA pipeline on fMRIPrep derivatives in nipreps/fmripost-aroma, but that’s still a ways from being usable. In the meantime, you can probably run maartenmennes/ICA-AROMA directly.

1 Like

For history, aroma was removed from fmrirep since v23.1:

1 Like