Using AROMA, but the data was not smoothed

Summary of what happened:

Hello,
I have used fmriprep for preprcessing neuro imaging data.
But, I found that some data were preprocessed with AROMA, but without smoothing.
When I re-ran the fmriprep for that data, it was still preprocessed without smoothing.
I’m preprocessing fMRI images based on different tasks, but regardless of the task, smoothing is not being applied.

In my BIDS, there are T1w structural image, PA EPI image for fieldmap correction, and task based epi bold images.

Have you experienced this type of error before?

Command used (and if a helper script was used, a link to the helper script or the command generated):

fmriprep-docker /media/user/md1/Nifti /media/user/md1/Nifti/output participant --participant_label ${sub} --fs-license-file /home/user/license.txt --use-aroma

Version:

Environment (Docker, Singularity, custom installation):

Docker

Data formatted according to a validatable standard? Please provide the output of the validator:

I don’t know what this means. Is it means BIDS format? If it means that, yes, my data format was validated by BIDS validator.

Relevant log outputs (up to 20 lines):

HTML report suggests no error.

Automatic removal of motion artifacts using independent component analysis (ICA-AROMA, Pruim et al. 2015) was performed on the *preprocessed BOLD on MNI space* time-series after removal of non-steady state volumes and spatial smoothing with an isotropic, Gaussian kernel of 6mm FWHM (full-width half-maximum). Corresponding “non-aggresively” denoised runs were produced after such smoothing. Additionally, the “aggressive” noise-regressors were collected and placed in the corresponding confounds file.

Screenshots / relevant information:

Hi @hakin97 and welcome to Neurostars! I have relabeled your post as Software Support and added the post template. Please fill in the requested information by editing your post so we can best help you.

Best,
Steven

(original post edited)

Can you show us an image of the AROMA outputs vs other outputs, to make it clear that smoothing was not applied?

Im sorry to reply late.

Sorry for the confusion. I solved the problem.
When I chcked confound files, the images that weren’t aroma smoothed were nonsteady outliers.
Only first two or three volumes weren’t smoothed, but the other were smoothed. Aroma did not include these volumes!!
So, I regress out these volumes from GLM.

Thank you very much for trying to help me.