Voronoi parcellation

Dear all,

I would like to perform the Voronoi random parcellation in my neonatal surfaces, I’ve been looking for how to do it but I didn’t find anything. Any clue about how I could do it? Thanks in advance.

Manuel

Hi @mblesac,

There is some code on @EmmaR’s GitHub for this: GitHub - ecr05/Random_forests_for_cortical_imaging_data: scripts for training random forest models models on HCP/dHCP

The voronoi parcellation on there goes up to 150 parcels per hemisphere. Does that work?

BTW, how is the surface registration going?

Best wishes,

Logan

Hi @lzjwilliams,

Thanks for your reply. I will have a look into this and see if I manage to run it.

Best regards,

Manuel

Hi @lzjwilliams,

I have difficulties with this code, how I should run it? This will produce a parcellation in native space of 150 rois comparable across subjects?

Best regards,

Manuel

I think @lzjwilliams meant that there is a 150 voronoi parcel label file in that repo. There is Matlab code to generate the files somewhere but technically its not mine to share - plus it would be better in Python but that’s not something I can deliver any time soon.

Hi @EmmaR,

Thanks for your reply. I got it now, so basically this is a 150 roi parcellation in template space.

Best regards,

Manuel

@EmmaR, the file for the Voronoi parcellation is a merged file, and the granularity goes up to 150.

@mblesac, I’ll try to get back to you ASAP

Yes, @mblesac thats correct

Hello @mblesac ,
I am also looking for a way to get random parcellation on the surface.
In my search I came across this github repo GitHub - miykael/parcellation_fragmenter: Fragments FreeSurfer parcellation annotation in N-equal sized parcels that might be helpful. It says it will subdivide pre-parcellated bigger regions, but it should work on the whole surface as well.
Having said that, I have not had time to test it yet.
Would be happy if we could share the progress and advise on this :slight_smile:

Best, Andrea

Hi @AdaG,

Thanks! I’ll take a look and see if I can run it in my cohort.

Best regards,

Manuel