قعدة عرب Arabic speakers gathering

صباح الفل

We are arranging a casual gathering for Arabic language speakers at NMA this Sunday on zoom.

Non-Arabic speakers are welcome as long as you are okay to be trolled in a language you don’t know :laughing:.

Date and time: Sunday July-26 same time as the faculty Q&A on weekdays.

في الانتظار

7 Likes

@NMA_pod-144 @NMA_pod-158

This sounds interesting! =D
pod-194

3 Likes

ياااه يا عبدالصمد
اخيرا هنتقابل :joy:

1 Like

@aanwar تعالى :smiley:

1 Like

@hamza.keurti join us.

هنبدأ كمان نص ساعة… محدش يتأخر :wink:

1 Like

شكرا لكل اللي حضروا النهارده…

كمانلو أي حد محتاج حاجة أو عايز يسأل على حاجة يبعتلي هنا… وهتلاقوني على تويتر @mabdelhack

بالنسبة للمنح دي الصفحة بتاعة الدراسة في اليابان على فيسبوك

في كمان سمر سكولز تانية هترجع بعد الكورونا ما تخلص:
https://imbizo.africa/

https://www.ccnss.org/

وده لينك جمعية علماء الاعصاب العرب
http://www.arabneuroscientists.org/

لو في حاجة نسيتها قولوا لي واللي عنده حاجة يشاركها

5 Likes

Hi Everyone,

For those who wish to attend D15 tutorials today’s evening and have a break tomorrow for Eid Al Adha (Qurbani), we will be having an evening session today.
Here is the information:
We will be starting at 5:30 pm UTC. Click here to convert to your time zone. I hope this starting time ensures we are all well fed and hydrated and caffeinated :grin:

For information about the zoom room, please send me a DM that you are planning to attend so I can send it to you.

Best,
Mohamed
I am tagging those I found the replies and likes so please inform people who I missed.
@omarelsherif010 @hosam275576 @aanwar @ahmedramly @leena.ali @Hisham

2 Likes

Glad to see Arabs here, was not expecting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just saw this now. Ya hala ya hala :slight_smile:

Nice ot see Arabic speaking gathering here

3 Likes

يا مرحب يا مرحب
نورت بيتك

Nice to see arabs from the word in such amazing academy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

So… now that we have had enough rest (hahaha… you’d think) and given the void that has been lingering in our lives ever since NMA has concluded, I think we should start working on the next best thing. I was thinking for our next gathering we could have a short presentation by one of the members to describe their work (previous papers or ongoing work if they feel comfortable about it) and then have an informal chat.

However, I want to hear from you… what would you like to be done?.. would you be interested in the above idea? do you have any suggestion??

Cheers,
Mohamed,

6 Likes

That’s a good idea also we can have a chat on how we can apply what we learnt further because as you said a big void also mentoring is crucial

2 Likes

I loved the idea and so excited to hear from every one of you.
Of course I will not talk because I am just at the beginning and don’t have much to say :sweat_smile: :joy:

2 Likes

Hi,
I agree with this for first meeting. I have some ideas that may be applicable:
1)I think weekly meeting is good
2)Journal club to discuss recent publications
3)As we all somehow new to neuroinformatics, we can decide some Materials to be studied during the week (beside everyone study plan) and revised in the meeting
4)Practical cooperation(for example, by helping in enrolling less experianced in projects like Mentorship)
5)As you Dr suggested before offline meetings (we have already been matched by NMA help with other NMA students 500 Km far so we may have more Arabs who didn’t hear about this event)
Thank you and Best wishes

3 Likes

Thanks all for the great suggestions.

For mentorship, I believe NMA organizers are cooking something.

For our meeting frequency, I am not sure if everyone would be able to commit to a weekly meeting (I know I cannot) but maybe those who are interested to organize a study group can make it happen and then we could have a monthly or bimonthly bigger meeting where there is a presentation and/or journal club. I am wondering, do we have volunteers for a first presenter?

Cheers,
Best,
Mohamed

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
Kindly could we tag other members as mostly they missed this update? (I didn’t recieve any notification )

1 Like

Yes, of course… This is your space… feel free to tag everyone and to discuss all possible topics of interest. It would actually be very helpful if someone could make a list of Arabic-speaking members so that we do not forget anyone.