Dcm2bids ignoring the customLabels flag

Dear Experts,

I am having some challenges getting the customLabels flag to work with dcm2bids for ANY of my scans.

I have linked to the full config file here.

I have spent nearly two days trying to figure out what may be going wrong, but for whatever reason, it doesn’t seem to work.

For example, for the DWI image, in the associated sidecar file, I see the term:

“PhaseEncodingDirection”: “j”

dcm2bids is able to find this sidecar file, as seen here:

However, something just goes wrong. dcm2bids ignores the “PhaseEncodingDirection” tag in the json file and instead, labels the scan as a new run without adding “dir-AP” or “dir-PA” to the title.

I haven’t been able to find any other information online about why this has occurred. the terms that i am using is in BIDs format, so the feedback found here doesnt seem to apply, unless i am very much mistaken.

What i would like is some advice about why this may occur. I can’t believe i am the first to experience this, so if any of you fine folks found a fix, please do let me know. I would happily buy you a coffee.

Thank you for any and all help!

Dear @John_Broulidakis ,

In order to help you, I would need to know the version of dcm2bids you are using as well as the whole log you get from dcm2bids. In any case, I highly suggest you to use the latest version of dcm2bids as well as the latest version of dcm2niix. Here is the documentation if needed.

Best,
Thank you

Thank you. Yes i should have included that.

I am using dcm2bids version: 3.1.1

INFO | OS version: macOS-13.0-arm64-arm-64bit
INFO | Python version: 3.11.8 | packaged by conda-forge | (main, Feb 16 2024, 20:49:36) [Clang 16.0.6 ]
INFO | dcm2bids version: 3.1.1
INFO | dcm2niix version: v1.0.20240202
INFO | Checking for software update
INFO | Currently using the latest version of dcm2bids.
INFO | Currently using the latest version of dcm2niix.

The issue was because I was using the old terms. Thank you very much for your help!