Introduce yourself!

Hi,

I am Jinxiao Zhang, a PhD student in the Department of Psychology at Stanford University. My research interest is to understand how emotional processes interface with cognitive processes in the brain. Examples are to use cognitive thinking to regulate emotions and the influence of emotion on decision making. I am interested to use tools like BIDS, MRIQC, and fMRIPrep to understand those questions. Neurostars discussions are always insprational and helpful to my research.

Looking forward to learning from and contributing to this forum.

Best,
Jinxiao

25 Likes

Hi I am Salman khan from India, pursuing my 2nd year of graduation in Computer science field. Looking forward to learn and contribute to Incf.

7 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am Divyanshu Mahajan (GitHub profile), an undergraduate student majoring in Electronics from BITS Pilani, India.

I am aspiring to participate in GSoC’20 through INCF. I have been working with JavaScript, NodeJs, CSS, git, and HTML for about two years. I also have a working knowledge of ReactJs. My area of interest includes Web Development with a slight inclination towards front-end web development.

I’m excited to share different ideas and look forward to learning and contributing to this amazing community.

Best,
Divyanshu

8 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am Aashim Garg (GitHub profile), an undergraduate student SMVDU, India.

I aim to participate in GSoC’20 through INCF. I have been working with HTML,CSS,JS,Git for past one year.
I want to work in INCF with full enthusiasm as a from end developer.

Best,
Aashim

8 Likes

Hello Everyone Shashank this side been into the field of machine learning for about 2 years thereby looking to contribute to GSOC 2020 can someone guide me how to contribute to the organisation so as to participate in this organisation for GSOC

7 Likes

Hi, I’m Rob Wilson, I’m a psychiatrist and researcher at the Institute of Psychiatry in London. I’m interested in substance use disorders, psychosis and cannabinoids. I’m very fond of planet Earth and wildlife.

Does anyone know how you download the unthresholded maps from Neurovault? I have tried downloading, but they look thresholded.

May you live long and prosper!

12 Likes

Hi there, I’m Yijun Liu, currently a 2nd-year PhD student in Biomedical Imaging Group at University of Southern California. I’m now working on post-processing of diffusion weighted images and may also work on the analysis side later in the future.

11 Likes

Hi, I’m Deepti Mittal. I recently started working as a Data Manager for Heidelberg Pain consortium SFB 1158 Project (https://www.sfb1158.de/) at University clinic, Heidelberg, Germany. SFB 1158 includes a total of 34 Principal investigators who have teamed up to build this collaboration venture specifically aimed at understanding the neural pathways underlying pain.

I am working on data management strategies across SFB1158 in collaboration with computing centre at the moment. With our goal to adopt and establish modern data management and standardization practices within the consortium, I am exploring different research data management strategies, tools and data standards.

11 Likes

Hi !! I’m Younes,
I’m a students in a business school in Morocco.
I’started learning web development in 2016 (e-learning): HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.Js, RESTful, JQuery, XML, Axois, ES6, MongoDb, MySQL, R, Python (basics) & now i’m attacking React.
I developed some blogs, an E-commerce website & some static websites.
I like to improve my skills working with you!

Cheers

7 Likes

Hello everybody,
My name is Kush Aggarwal and I am 3rd year student of Btech Information Technology.
I have been working on full stack web development (Python,ReactJS, HTML, CSS, Javascript, NodeJS)and machine learning and would like work under INCF for GSOC this year
Regards
Kush

7 Likes

Hi all!
My name is Laura Masaracchia, I am new to this forum and I would like some help/information about the GSoC projects. I will start a PhD in Computational Neuroscience in Aarhus University soon and my future supervisor suggested me to apply to GSoC.

The idea is to convert into Python a MATLAB toolkit for computational neuroscience. The toolbox is called HMM-MAR (Hidden Markov Model - Multivariate Autoregressive) and it segments multivariate time series into states that are characterized by their unique quasi-stationary spectral properties. The toolkit supports different data modalities (EEG, MEG, LFP, fMRI, etc) and includes, besides the analysis methods, utilities for preprocessing, interrogation of the results, semi-supervised prediction of events and some other utilities.

I have looked into the GSoC ideas list and I am not sure which one I should choose for my proposal, or if it is possible to just apply independently. In this last case, though, I don’t know who I should contact as a mentor.

Does anybody have some advice on what would be the best option, or can clarify if I got some information wrong?

Thank you in advance!
Looking forward to your comments,
Laura

6 Likes

Hi, I’m Will, PhD researcher at the University of Sussex. I’ve come here to ask a very specific FSL-based question but looking forward to learning lots more now I’m on the site. Thanks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @LauraM
Welcome,
I think you should discuss your query regarding Gsoc in #gsoc channel as it is specifically dedicated for GSoC discussion and from their you will be able to figure out to whom you should contact for proposing new idea for GSoC.

Thank You

5 Likes

Hi I’m Justin. I’m a 1st year psychology phd student at stanford. I’m relatively new to fMRI; most of my prior work has been in connectomics and vbm. I’ve been referencing this website a lot as I learn about functional pipelines and analysis, so thank you all for sharing your knowledge. It’s definitely saved me some headaches.

12 Likes

Thank you very much @Salmankhancodes for your advice, I’ll do that.
Bests,
Laura

2 Likes

I am Niusha, a third-year electrical engineering major and computer engineering minor at the University of Tehran. By entering university, I began to read more and more psychological books in searching for a better lifestyle. Through this journey, I got more interested in this mysterious part of the human body, the brain, and I was eager to study the brain through the view of a control engineer trying to develop a mathematical framework for understanding how the mind and brain are linked. I am mainly interested in models of neural circuitry. I want to know how the brain can adapt and rewiring itself. How are thoughts and memory represented in the brain? What are the relevant details in synaptic connections and neuronal signals? I am eager to discover such conceptual questions in a broad range of topics, including memory, time perception, learning, and other topics related to neural circuits.

9 Likes

Hi all,
I’m Jeff a first year PhD student at Harvard/MIT interested in auditory/computational neuroscience, fMRI, naturalistic imaging, machine learning currently working in Satra’s group.

Looking forward to learning and contributing!

13 Likes

Hi, this is Mark. I’m an MR physicist, but new to the forum, and specifically to fmriprep. Working mostly on DTI, MRE and flow imaging, more recently on fMRI.

Hope everyone is healthy and safe these days!

Best,
Mark

9 Likes

Hi,
I’m Micha, (currently) a research intern in the biological psychology lab at the University of Oldenburg. My work will be to dive into the processing of resting state fMRI data using Python, since my group wants to slowly move away from MATLAB. Since I’m completely new to functional imaging, a forum like this will be a great source of information for me. Looking forward to learn from you guys :wink:

Stay healthy and safe!
Micha

8 Likes

Dear all,

My name is Félix Navarro and I work as medical physicist for the regional University hospital of Málaga (south of Spain). I intend to help to the radiology department of my hospital when they use quantitative image biomarkers such as fMRI, DCE, IVIM, and so on. My department will care about the technical and mathematical issues so the radiologists can focus on the clinical problems.

Best regards.

9 Likes