Introduce yourself!

My name is Zheng Hui, a Ph.D. student in psychology at Shanghai Mental Health Center, Shanghai, China.
I am interested in the mechanisms and treatment of addiction (substance use and behavior addiction).

• Attempting to achieve goals through MRI, EEG, TMS.
  • Interested in goal-directed and habit control behavior.
  • I hope to deepen my understanding of goal-directed (model-based) and habitual control (model-free behavior).
    Now I am trying to explore whether the tasks and algorithms of reinforcement learning have a crossā€“diagnostic role in mental illness (e.g., addiction).
9 Likes

Hey I am Konrad. I like data.
I also like skiing and salsa dancing.

And I look forward to the NMA wave.

12 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Carlos. Iā€™m currently a post-doctoral fellow. I have some experience working with resting state fmri data in rodents and humans, but Iā€™m interested in learning how to analyze task fmri data as well. Iā€™m generally interested how exposure to drugs and alcohol during development impact brain function.

Best,
Carlos

10 Likes

Hi all,
I am Rebekah Evans. Iā€™m on the organizing committee for #CNS2020Online this year.
I use two-photon imaging and electrophysiology along with multi-compartmental neuronal modeling to study dendritic integration and circuit dynamics in inhibitory networks. I will be starting my independent research lab in the Neuroscience Department at Georgetown University in January 2021.

7 Likes

Hi Everyone, my name is Tao Hong. I am an incoming first-year Ph.D. student in the Neural Computation Program at Carnegie Mellon University. I am broadly interested in decision making. My current work focuses on how uncertainty modulates reward processing. I am looking forward to learning from you!

10 Likes

Hi everyone. I have done a masters in Robotics and AI, which was mostly applied machine/deep learning. I have been working on applied deep learning for a while. My interest in neuroscience stemmed from brain-inspired AI and AI-inspired models of the brain/behavior. I think studying and understand the brain my itself is quite amazing too, and I am also hopeful to learn more about the world through that. Also, it would be cool to ā€œdiscoverā€ neural correlates of human behavior. But now, I am more interested in neuropsychiatry, as my interest has shifted towards more socially beneficial applications of AI, in particular towards mental healthcare. If you know of any opportunity in the domain, please do let me know. If you can refer me to any resources on my interests, I would really appreciate that as well.

Iā€™m attending NMA as an interactive student and I am hoping to learn lots of neuro. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi everyone, Iā€™m @junwei.

Iā€™m an undergrad computer science student at University of Toronto.

My interest lies in topics related to artificial intelligence and high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces. Looking forward to a career in developing brain-machine interfaces that connect humans and AI systems.

Hit me up if you have the same interest :wave:

Best!
@junwei

8 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am an incoming PhD student in Psychology (Cognition and Neural System track) at University of Arizona (for fall 2021). I have masters in neuroscience and currently a Ph.D student at Koc University. I am interested in cognitive and computational neuroscience and study decision making, error monitoring and temporal cognition in both healthy and clinical populations (especially anxiety and chronic pain patients). I use EEG, neuromodulation and computational models for my research.
Best!
Serife

6 Likes

Hi everyone! :grinning:

My name is Gustavo and IĀ“m from Argentina. I studied Biology in the University of Buenos Aires and IĀ“m beginning with my PhD in Computer Science working in the Applied Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (AAIL) in the same university. Im really fascinating about the brain and cognitive science in general and Iā€™m really happy for this oportunity. My reasearch topic is in the study of eye and hand movements (eye-tracking) in order to understand a complex task.
Previously I worked with EEG on my undergrad thesis.

9 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m Diana MuƱoz :slight_smile:
I am a PhD student in electronic engineering with a minor in Automatic Control by the National Center of Research and Technological Development (CENIDET) and my areas of interest are Neuroscience, the study of living neural networks models and information transfer among cell ensembles (neurons).

5 Likes

Hey everyone, Iā€™m Marco! :grinning::vulcan_salute:

Iā€™m a third-year PhD student in Event-Driven Perception for Robotics at the Italian Institute of Technology(IIT) in Genoa, Italy :slight_smile: My main focus is the exploitation of event-driven cameras on the iCub robot for trajectory prediction, which Iā€™m addressing using deep learning techniques :mechanical_arm: Coming from a robotics/automation background, I also worked on social robotics, grasping and reinforcement learning. Canā€™t wait to know more about the neuroscientific aspect of this wide field! :grinning:

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Lydia :wave:

Iā€™m a PhD student at UCL, in the UK, and my research uses MEG and OP-MEG to study the sensorimotor system in healthy and stroke participants. Iā€™m particularly interested in plasticity, rehabilitation and using MEG signals as biomarkers of recovery. Before my PhD I studied Neuroscience at the Uo Bristol before doing a MSc in Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technologies at UCL. During my PhD I plan to delve into sensorimotor beta activity to see what it can tell us about the brain :woman_technologist:.

Also a lover of yoga, cooking and painting :relaxed: and am excited to be part of this online community!

5 Likes

Hi allļ¼Œ
Iā€™m Linlin Lu, from China. I graduated from Peking University-Georgia Tech-Emory joint biomedical engineering PhD program in 2019. My research involves developing flexible and MRI compatible neural electrodes and performing electrophysiological recording with rodents. Iā€™m fascinating about data and Iā€™ve taken data mining courses from Udacity for the last several months. Iā€™m excited to be part of this neuromatch academy!
Best,
Linlin

7 Likes

Hi everyone.

My name is Makoto Uji. I am a postdoc research fellow at Concordia University, Montreal, Canada. I am currently working on simultaneous EEG-fMRI and EEG-NIRS data during sleep.

I am looking forward to exchanging ideas with you and learning from you all.

Kind Regards

Makoto

6 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Nathan Young, and I am an incoming PhD student at the University of Oregon. My program is in cognitive neuroscience, and I will be researching the neural mechanisms involved in contextual factors related to memory. For instance, how do curiosity, value, and motivation facilitate learning and memory at the level of the brain? Looking forward to NMA!

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

I am Pierre-Pascal. Currently, I am a PhD student in GieƟen, Germany. The focus of my work is on embodiment and presence in virtual reality and I plan to integrate EEG in future works. I think NMA will be a great place to give food for thought!
Looking forward to meeting you at NMA!

Cheers,
Pierre-Pascal

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is John Ferrante. I am a first (almost second) year neuroscience PhD student at Weill Medical School at Cornell University. In my current lab, my research involves designing lightfield microscopy techniques and analyses for in vivo imaging of voltage dynamics in cortical microcircuits.

I previously worked at small biotech company, Q-State Bioscience, where I was a senior engineer. While there I helped lead the development of all-optical electrophysiology assays of synaptic transmission in primary rodent and iPSC-derived human neurons. I also worked on pipeline development, image and signal processing, and hardware control.

I am very excited to being a part of NMA!

Best,
John

7 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Myself Anindita Bhattacharjee, I am a second year Ph.D. research scholar at IIT(BHU), India. I am very much interested in the question of how polypharmacy can be useful in treating mid-cognitive impairment. In my initial research of the Ph.D. project, I have obtained findings indirectly correlating whole body Amyloid transport and clearance profile of Ageing induced Neurodegeneration and Alzheimerā€™s disease, by utilizing patient-neuroimaging studies based computational neuroimaging tools.

I am extremely happy to be a part of this NeuroMatch academy as a TA though my background is neuropharmacology but I am very much interested to learn more about the computational tools which can be useful to refine my research goals further and I believe teaching is a best way of learning.

Thanks,Anindita

7 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I am Gabrielle and I am currently working at the Welcome Centre for Human Neuroimaging, UCL (London). My background is in cognitive neuroscience and I have a strong interest in consciousness, clinical and computational research.

The research project I am with at the moment is a clinical longitudinal structural imaging project that is hoping to use machine learning to predict disease progression in Parkinsonā€™s disease. We also have cognitive, neuropsychological, physiological, movement, blood and clinical history to aid the machine learning progress.

During lockdown I have been working with one of the cognitive tasks (Random Dot Motion Task) and applying it to a the Hierarchical Drift Diffusion Model. I hope during the course I can improve my models, learn new modelling techniques and also learn the machine learning and deep learning techniques.

I am super super super excited to start!!!

Look forward to meeting you all!

Best,
Gabrielle

8 Likes

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m Ivan Ezquerra-Romano. Iā€™m a PhD candidate at the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience in University College London (UCL). Iā€™ll be a TA at Neuromatch Academy.

My PhD is on the perception of temperature in humans. Iā€™ve done calcium imaging in rodents at the systems level. Iā€™ve also some experience with patch-clamp and other cellular techniques. When Iā€™m not doing research, I work in my start-up which I co-founded and lead.

Very much looking forward to Neuromatch Academy.

Cheers!

8 Likes