Suspicious Component Accepted by Tedana

Hi everyone,

First, thank you all for the great support here!
I have preprocessed multi-echo resting state fMRI data with fMRIPrep and then inputted the images to tedana for futher analysis. When double checking outputs of tedana, I encountered this component which was accepted by tedana but looks suspisous!!

I would appreciate it if someone could please have a look and inform me of the situation and how it looks. In case, there is an issue, I would appreciate having suggestios of how to incorporate them.

Thank you very much,
Ali

1 Like

I’d say it does look a little odd, but it is also mapping onto gray matter pretty closely (at least as far as I can see in the figure). I think it is likely artifact, but tedana leaving it in could be viewed as conservative (better to keep an artifact in, versus remove signal). I’d probably remove it, but it is hard to know how large of an effect it is having.

If you wanted to manually remove it, say after reviewing multiple subjects components and getting a good handle on whats in your data, then I’d recommend taking a look at RICA by @e.urunuela which makes it very easy to quickly classify components and then rerun the denoising.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks a lot. I quickly checked RICA, seems pretty straight forward to use, I’ll look at all the subjects’ tedana output as soon as I have them ready and will post further question in case needed.

Regards,
Ali

1 Like