dHCP infant data downloading issue

Hi Yan,

Sorry for the delay as I am travelling. I managed to activate your account zhangyan1. Please try to login.

Best regards,
Jianliang

I’m logged in. Thanks again. :grin: :grin:

Hello Jianliang,
I registered a new account to be able to download data to do a research with a professor using my university email. However both of us, my professor from UCI Irvine and I, have our accounts disabled and we cannot log in. In addition to that, every time that I try to unlock my account I get the following message “Your account is currently disabled. Please contact the system administrator.” Could you help me solve this and activate my account “Luciar3” ?
Thank you so much for your help, best, Lucia

Hello Jianliang,
I am trying to log in to my dHCP account, but it is deactivated. When I click on the reactivation link in the email, it just sends me back to the warning page. Could you manually reactivate my account? In addition to that, every time that I try to unlock my account I get the following message “Your account is currently disabled. Please contact the system administrator.” Could you help me solve this and activate my account “NCCLAB”?
Thank you so much for your help, best, Shengyuan

Hello Jianliang
I am trying to log in my dHCP account, but it tell me “Your account is currently disabled. Please contact the system administrator.”.
I’m sorry to bother you, please help me. My dHCP account “hei6775”.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Shengyuan,

Sorry for delayed reply. I just checked your account. Your account is active.

Best,
Jianliang

Hi Lucia,

Sorry for delayed reply. There was something wrong with your registration. Can you please re-register with your university email and detailed affiliation informaiton? Thanks.

Best,
Jianliang

Hi,

Your account looks working fine. Please try again.

Best,
Jianliang