Introduce yourself!

Hi, my name is Alan Cronemberger Andrade. I am a medical doctor (MD), with a completed Neurology training, and a clinical fellow in Cognition and Behavioral Neurology (my area of interest). I do interact with patients everyday here in São Paulo, Brazil. I am quite new to the “coding world” by I hope to learn and improve skills in dateset analysis. Feel free to get in touch. Thank you to all! This Neuromatch Academy is very exciting.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Zhizhong Kai, but I go by my family name, Kai. I look forward to meet you all in our virtual learning community!

I was born and raised in the south of China, the only child in the family. I completed my bachelor and master degree both in psychology. I am currently in my first year of the Ph.D. program in social work.

I love to spend my free time going on travel to the suburbs. Once I have a long vacation, I will travel abroad. I’ve been a gamer (includes video game, computer game, mobile game, and board game) since I was a child, even now. It even made me want to develop related games to help children learn and grow up.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Lakota Watson. I’m so excited to meet all of you and get to engage with this community!

I graduated from CU Boulder in 2018 with a double major in psychology and neuroscience. Since Oct. 2018, I have lived in Baltimore, Maryland and have worked in Dr. Joseph Cheer’s lab at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. I plan on applying to graduate school for a PhD in Neuroscience in this coming application cycle.

I was born in Colorado but lived most of my life in central Minnesota, and I have a very large, orange tabby cat named Nemo, who is the light of my life. In my free time, I enjoy hiking and exploring restaurants in my city. I recently started making kombucha (if you have any flavor ideas, let me know)!

I’m excited to learn more about coding (I’ve only taken an intro class in college and it was honestly very fun) and meeting and networking with people in my field.

3 Likes

Hi!
I am applied psychologist from Poland.
I am intrested in cognitive neuroscience (especially EEG, fMRI and all about memory)
I am going to start my PhD in Wroclaw this autumn.

I try hard to learn using R, Python and MatLab in my research.

4 Likes

Do you work with clinical data also?

Join us here: A group for Medical Doctors in Neuromatch Academy

Hi there,
this is Mehrnaz, I am very excited about being a part of this great community, I am currently a medical student with enthusiasm about cognitive related topics especially working memory and decision making
I am curious about Obsessive-compulsive disorder and autism.
It’s quite an old dream of mine to work in computational neuroscience and I am very excited and eager to start the journey by the great NMA and the community.

Thank you all

2 Likes

Hi everyone
My name is Fahimeh and I am phd student of cognitive neuroscience in university of Tabriz in Iran. My background was computer engineering and I worked on brain connectivity and now my thesis is related to time perception in clinical aspect in particular

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I am Avani, I am an undergraduate researcher in Centre for Visual Information and Technology, IIIT Hyderabad. I am pursuing my Bachelors honours and Masters in Computer Science. My research interests span around Deep Reinforcement Learning and Computer Vision. I am excited to start off with this summer school. I have always been passionate about working in Neuroscience since it links closely to our understanding of human brain as well as contributes directly in RL. For information about my projects/current work please visit https://www.linkedin.com/in/avani17101-gupta/ https://github.com/avani17101

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am Priya. Currently, waiting for my PhD viva-voce to get scheduled and get done with it. I have a background in genetics and picked up Python and R programming to help myself with my PhD work. I am interested in understanding the concepts of computational modeling, flux-balance analysis and biophysical modeling. In my thesis, simulated and analyzed the effect of interactions between schizophrenia susceptibility genes on regulation of neurodevelopment. I am happy to share my knowledge as well look forward to learn from others.

3 Likes

Hi everyone
I am Reem. I am new here, currently finished my first year in university (METU) psychology major program; aiming to specialize in neuro-psychology and neurosciences! Hope to meet many people of bright minds and share the knowledge together. <3

1 Like

Hi everyone.

I am Vivian Atuadu. A PhD student from the University of Nigeria. My research area is on affective disorders. I an glad to be in your midst and I look forward to learning more abou computational neuroscience.

3 Likes

Hi everyone.

I am Mei Qiu. A Ph.D. student from the Purdue School of IUPUI. My research area is on computer vision, traffic flow estimation, and transfer learning. I obtained a master’s degree in Cognitive Neuroscience from the Key Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience and Learning at Beijing Normal University. I am glad to be in your midst and I look forward to learning more about computational neuroscience, finding some new ideas for my research, and to getting some cooperators for later research and work.

1 Like

Hi
I’m Abdulsalam, a masters student at the University of ilorin, Nigeria. I am new here
I am interested in general neuroscience and also neuroinfomatics.
I hope to learn a lot from y’all, thanks.

2 Likes

I am a full-time associate professor in the area of ​​Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences at the School of Psychology, UNAM, México, and an active member of the Cognitive Robotics Lab at the CInC-UAEM, México. My research focuses on perceptual optimization processes such as sensory attenuation and sensory enhancement, the computational modeling of perception, and cognition under the predictive processing framework, as well as the study of prediction error dynamics as a self-regulating mechanism.

Looking forward to learn from you all and have interesting discussions! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

welcome!

Do you know any good papers about visual recognition of faces among other objects? (esp w fmri data?)

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Harkirat and I am a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Washington. I am interested in mathematical methods (including machine learning) that can point towards brain regional volume and thickness characteristics of specific subgroups in Alzheimer’s disease, using cross-sectional and longitudinal data.

I found out about Neuromatch Academy only a couple of days ago! I will be joining in as an observer. I am amazed to see this wonderful program bringing so many people together, making quality education in computational neuroscience available worldwide, free of cost. I can only imagine the amount of hard work that must have gone into bringing this program into existence. Thank you! And looking forward to learning.

5 Likes

Hii everyone, I am Mahima, I have completed my btech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from NITK, India this year. It was pretty uncertain the way I had to bid goodbye to 4yrs journey, I am here to be part of the discussion, to know more about computational neuroscience and its input into psychology and cognitive NS, I have priorly worked on Alzheimer’s and Retinal Fundus Image data set in NINS Lab at National Brain Research Center, India.

3 Likes

HI all!

I’m Marius and helped create the notebooks for W1D2. I only now signed up for neurostars…

I live in Toronto where I work on motor adaptation and on visual perception as research associate in two labs. Follow me on Twitter: @BMtHart, ask me anything here.

Have fun at NMA and all the best to all of you!

3 Likes

Hello! Maybe these papers are of your interest. :slight_smile:

[https://secure.web.emory.edu/psychology/dilks/resources/publications/KampsNeuroImage2018.pdf]

[https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364661319301056]

1 Like