Introduce yourself!

Hi Buddies!

I’m Tang Mi, currently a research assistant in Zhejiang University. I’m going to sign up for my PhD program at University of Groningen next year. The prospective topics of my PhD study are psycholinguitsics and computational linguistics where modeling on behavioral and EEG data may be involved. I’m here to strengthen my background of computational neuroscience! Very excited about learning from you and getting started in this great community!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am Dipayan!!!
I am a project fellow at the Jadavpur University, India on a Brain-Computer Interface based project for rehabilitative application. I completed my M.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering in 2019. I have a strong interest in computational neuroscience since my M.tech final year project days. I am also deep learning enthusiastic and have fluent skill in Python and R. Since I am a newbie in this domain, NMA will be a great learning platform for me.
In my spare time, I play computer games, read novels, listen to music, singing, watch movies. Real Madrid is in my heart <3 and Christiano Ronaldo is my favourite player(that doesn’t mean I like Juventus).

3 Likes

Hello!~ My name is Wang Xiangyu. I major in Electronic Science and Technology and I will graduate in this summer. I will be a graduate student in National Center for Nanoscience and Technology in China. And I have confirmed Brain-Machine Interface (BMI) and relate technology as my research interests. To achieve that, I have already learned as many relate courses as I can, such as analog and digital circuits, Embedded System, python and some math etc. my graduation project is training a CNN based on GoogLeNet to recognize ECoG signal of epilepsy. To be honest, this is my first time to do computational neuroscience project. And my teacher’s research field is neural interface, the electrode. The ECoG signal data is from a rat whose epilepsy is caused by Penicillin in her lab. And when I get these data and start to do some analyses, I was confused by the complexity of the problem. As I study further, I found that is an interesting field. And I just know about Neuromatch Academy and I want to learn more in this area so I determine to join this summer school. Although I almost have no experience in this area, but I think I have enough basic knowledge to learn it well. I hope I can get a chance to join. I hope I can know some great scientists and learn some new methods to figure out my graduation project.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Xiaojing Liu, I am neurologist and learning pharmacy now, very interested in AI, machine learning, neuron coding, etc. Great pleasure to join Neuromatch Academy.

3 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Shane, a rising second year bioengineering PhD student at the University of Pittsburgh. I am currently studying developmental changes in EEG across adolescence and would love to learn more about EEG and development. I’m looking forward to connecting with some of you!

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Alan Cronemberger Andrade. I am a medical doctor (MD), with a completed Neurology training, and a clinical fellow in Cognition and Behavioral Neurology (my area of interest). I do interact with patients everyday here in São Paulo, Brazil. I am quite new to the “coding world” by I hope to learn and improve skills in dateset analysis. Feel free to get in touch. Thank you to all! This Neuromatch Academy is very exciting.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Zhizhong Kai, but I go by my family name, Kai. I look forward to meet you all in our virtual learning community!

I was born and raised in the south of China, the only child in the family. I completed my bachelor and master degree both in psychology. I am currently in my first year of the Ph.D. program in social work.

I love to spend my free time going on travel to the suburbs. Once I have a long vacation, I will travel abroad. I’ve been a gamer (includes video game, computer game, mobile game, and board game) since I was a child, even now. It even made me want to develop related games to help children learn and grow up.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Lakota Watson. I’m so excited to meet all of you and get to engage with this community!

I graduated from CU Boulder in 2018 with a double major in psychology and neuroscience. Since Oct. 2018, I have lived in Baltimore, Maryland and have worked in Dr. Joseph Cheer’s lab at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. I plan on applying to graduate school for a PhD in Neuroscience in this coming application cycle.

I was born in Colorado but lived most of my life in central Minnesota, and I have a very large, orange tabby cat named Nemo, who is the light of my life. In my free time, I enjoy hiking and exploring restaurants in my city. I recently started making kombucha (if you have any flavor ideas, let me know)!

I’m excited to learn more about coding (I’ve only taken an intro class in college and it was honestly very fun) and meeting and networking with people in my field.

3 Likes

Hi!
I am applied psychologist from Poland.
I am intrested in cognitive neuroscience (especially EEG, fMRI and all about memory)
I am going to start my PhD in Wroclaw this autumn.

I try hard to learn using R, Python and MatLab in my research.

4 Likes

Do you work with clinical data also?

Join us here: A group for Medical Doctors in Neuromatch Academy

Hi there,
this is Mehrnaz, I am very excited about being a part of this great community, I am currently a medical student with enthusiasm about cognitive related topics especially working memory and decision making
I am curious about Obsessive-compulsive disorder and autism.
It’s quite an old dream of mine to work in computational neuroscience and I am very excited and eager to start the journey by the great NMA and the community.

Thank you all

2 Likes

Hi everyone
My name is Fahimeh and I am phd student of cognitive neuroscience in university of Tabriz in Iran. My background was computer engineering and I worked on brain connectivity and now my thesis is related to time perception in clinical aspect in particular

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I am Avani, I am an undergraduate researcher in Centre for Visual Information and Technology, IIIT Hyderabad. I am pursuing my Bachelors honours and Masters in Computer Science. My research interests span around Deep Reinforcement Learning and Computer Vision. I am excited to start off with this summer school. I have always been passionate about working in Neuroscience since it links closely to our understanding of human brain as well as contributes directly in RL. For information about my projects/current work please visit https://www.linkedin.com/in/avani17101-gupta/ https://github.com/avani17101

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am Priya. Currently, waiting for my PhD viva-voce to get scheduled and get done with it. I have a background in genetics and picked up Python and R programming to help myself with my PhD work. I am interested in understanding the concepts of computational modeling, flux-balance analysis and biophysical modeling. In my thesis, simulated and analyzed the effect of interactions between schizophrenia susceptibility genes on regulation of neurodevelopment. I am happy to share my knowledge as well look forward to learn from others.

3 Likes

Hi everyone
I am Reem. I am new here, currently finished my first year in university (METU) psychology major program; aiming to specialize in neuro-psychology and neurosciences! Hope to meet many people of bright minds and share the knowledge together. <3

1 Like

Hi everyone.

I am Vivian Atuadu. A PhD student from the University of Nigeria. My research area is on affective disorders. I an glad to be in your midst and I look forward to learning more abou computational neuroscience.

3 Likes

Hi everyone.

I am Mei Qiu. A Ph.D. student from the Purdue School of IUPUI. My research area is on computer vision, traffic flow estimation, and transfer learning. I obtained a master’s degree in Cognitive Neuroscience from the Key Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience and Learning at Beijing Normal University. I am glad to be in your midst and I look forward to learning more about computational neuroscience, finding some new ideas for my research, and to getting some cooperators for later research and work.

1 Like

Hi
I’m Abdulsalam, a masters student at the University of ilorin, Nigeria. I am new here
I am interested in general neuroscience and also neuroinfomatics.
I hope to learn a lot from y’all, thanks.

2 Likes

I am a full-time associate professor in the area of ​​Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences at the School of Psychology, UNAM, México, and an active member of the Cognitive Robotics Lab at the CInC-UAEM, México. My research focuses on perceptual optimization processes such as sensory attenuation and sensory enhancement, the computational modeling of perception, and cognition under the predictive processing framework, as well as the study of prediction error dynamics as a self-regulating mechanism.

Looking forward to learn from you all and have interesting discussions! :slight_smile:

4 Likes