Introduce yourself!

Hello!
My name is Jerónimo, I finished a double degree in computer engineering and applied mathematics last December and I am currently working in my undergraduate thesis on Liquid brains, I am interested in complexity, perception and any kind of information processing. I currently work as a data engineer at deep_dive in Mexico City and hope to follow the observer track correctly,

Seee you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

My name’s Timothy Rollings! I’m a master’s student at the Georgia Institute of Technology’s OMSCS program and am located in Toronto, Canada. However, I’m currently in the process of applying to graduate programs around the Ontario, Canada area for more research opportunities.

Before going to graduate school, I majored in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Mathematics at Wichita State University. There, I managed to conduct computer vision research funded by Purdue and the NSF. Before then, ANN’s weren’t nearly as popular as they are now, so it’s always interesting seeing how far they’ve came. I spent a few years working in various fields ranging from controls engineering, software development, and data science. My most recent work has been researching mathematical models of complex fluid dynamics as a data scientist, with the ultimate goal of more robust control systems in oil pipelines.

My research interests now are in dynamical systems, statistics, and control theory. I’m also very interested in the statistical properties in dynamical systems, both deterministic and stochastic. However, concerning my reasons for observing the NMA, I also have interests in how areas like dynamical systems can help understand different cognitive functions in the brain.

Outside of studies, I’ve always loved going for a swim, hiking in nature, and reading a good novel.

It’s great meeting everyone! I’m honored to be apart of such a community full of great minds and leaders of the future. Good luck to everyone and their intellectual endeavours.

Sincerely,
Timothy Rollings

4 Likes

Hi all,

I am Sagar from Kathmandu, Nepal currently majoring in neuroscience in New York University, New York. I’m fascinated with topics from consciousness, neuroplasticity, and mindfulness in the neuroscience domain, so I’m looking forward to doing research in one of these fields.

In my free time I write and produce indie songs.

Feel free to message me to share your interests or if you think we could collaborate. (:

4 Likes

Hello all,

I am Dev Churiwala, I am currently enrolled in a double major at BITS Pilani, India. I am pursuing an M.Sc. in Biological Sciences and a B.E. in Computer Science.

My general interest lies in the field of machine learning, specifically Computer Vision and Bio-Inspired Models. I am currently working on developing a computer vision model based on Spiking Neural Networks. In the past I have worked on DNA Data Storage, and Brain Computer Interfaces.

You can find me at:
LinkedIn
Github

I look forward to interacting with many more people.

2 Likes

Hello,
I am Vincent from China, currently studying neuroscience as a beginner. Thank you for offering such a great chance for learning.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Ayaka Kato, a Ph.D. student at the University of Tokyo in Japan and tacking the neural mechanism of the reward system and addiction using reinforcement learning modeling and the Drosophila dopamine system as a model.

Besides, I developed a novel database for computational psychiatry! https://ncnp-cpsy-rmap.web.app/
The Computational Psychiatry Research Map (CPSYMAP) is a tool for visualizing research papers from computational psychiatry as a two-dimensional “map”. You can get an overview of the field and find a niche where you can plan your study.

I’m also conducting research on digital therapeutics for nicotine addiction at an IT company.

My website: http://ayaka-kato-neuroscience.mystrikingly.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AyakaKat0

5 Likes

HI, my name is zhiai from shenzhen,china. my research interest focus on social emotion and social cognition.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m Eve, from Mexico, I will start a new postdoctoral position at Centro Interdisciplinario de Neurociencia de Valparaíso, Chile.

I’m interested in Neurogenetics, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.

Beyond lab, I really enjoy photography, drawing and cycling.

Looking forward to a great experience at the neuromatch academy!

https://twitter.com/eve_tege

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I’m Huijun, a PhD candidate at Peking University, China. I’m currently working on motor control using behavioral methods, and looking forward to move to neural mechnism aspect.
Nice to meet you all!

1 Like

Hi, I am Veena Kamble. I am a PhD student working to understand reading developments in deaf population using EEG and eye-tracking, I am here to learn the toolboxes and modelling used for the same.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone
I’m Jane Muonagolu. I’m a Human Anatomy lecturer at Habib Medical School, Islamic University in Uganda. My Ph.D interest is Neuroscience.
Cheers😊

1 Like

Hi, I’m an incoming 5th year undergrad from UC San Diego (UCSD) studying Computer Engineering and Cognitive Science. I’ve dabbled in a bit of research and personal projects with BCIs but I still feel there is still so much to learn. I’m also part of the San Diego NeuroTechX chapter (NeuroTech @ UCSD). This summer, I’m spending a lot of time with family and my SWE internship.

Excited for the course!
Geeling (pron. jee-ling)

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I am Hung-Tu Chen, a graduate student at Dartmouth. My current research focus on investigating rodent hippocampal ensemble encoding using cross-subject analysis from a human neuro-imaging method. My future research will involve hippocampal replay and dopamine modulation. I hope to get broad computational technics for my future project.
I am looking forward to meeting and learning with you!

2 Likes

Hello everyone

I am Javeria Ali Hashmi. So glad to see so many people fascinated by the brain. Come check out our lab’s profile. Reach out to me if you are interested in studying threat perception, perceptual bias, top-down vs bottom-up mechanisms with network approaches applied to multiband-fMRI, E-MEG and DWI. lab website: netphyslab.com

best regards

Javeria

3 Likes

Hello!

My name is Kamryn and I just finished my first year in the neuroscience PhD program at the University of California, Riverside. My experience is mostly with human subjects using fMRI to investigate topics such as emotion and memory. I’m excited to join such a large initiative for learning computational neuroscience tools.

All the best,
Kamryn

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Lex Gomez and I am a 5th year Ph.D. student in the Neuroscience Program at the University of Iowa. In my work, I study sensory processing in primary motor cortex (M1) and primary somatosensory cortex (S1) using in vivo electrophysiology. Specifically, I am interested in how sensory processing in M1 and S1 changes and evolves in early development, and how different types of somatosensory information (e.g., tactile, proprioceptive) are handled differently by the thalamo-cortical sensorimotor system. I work mainly with spike data, but am also beginning to work with LFP.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Raymundo Baez and work at MGH. I’m a postdoc interested in social neuroscience.

1 Like

Hi, i`m Ray, Master Student, here to learn more about physics informed machine learning and lots more. Thanks.

2 Likes

hi
my name is yamin, i’m a undergraduate Cognitive Science master student at Tehran University,
know i’m working on my thesis about visual processing in cortex and semantic categorization on fmri data,
I worked with HCP data in matlab(&SPM),i’m learning data analysis with python, i’m knew in python.

1 Like

Hi all, I’m Zhibo Zhang!

I’m an RA, aka Lab Manager, aka Technician, aka Cleaning Staff, in System Neurobiology Lab at Peking University. I intend to apply for a PhD program in neuroscience this (or next) year, so I decided to join this community and hope to learn more skills about programming in neuroscience.

I’m intrigued by the neural mechanism underlying memory, especially long-term memory and episodic memory, and any topic or technique with regard to this issue will get my attention. Currently, I’m interested about Sharp-Wave Ripples and Memory Engram Cell, and have started to learn some skills about in vivo electrophysiological method and to study Place cells activity in mice’s dorsal CA1. So If any of you guys have or know information related with memory issue, or just same interested about this like me, please don’t hesitate and contact me! Glad to join this community!

Cheers!

2 Likes