Introduce yourself!

welcome!

Do you know any good papers about visual recognition of faces among other objects? (esp w fmri data?)

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Harkirat and I am a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Washington. I am interested in mathematical methods (including machine learning) that can point towards brain regional volume and thickness characteristics of specific subgroups in Alzheimerā€™s disease, using cross-sectional and longitudinal data.

I found out about Neuromatch Academy only a couple of days ago! I will be joining in as an observer. I am amazed to see this wonderful program bringing so many people together, making quality education in computational neuroscience available worldwide, free of cost. I can only imagine the amount of hard work that must have gone into bringing this program into existence. Thank you! And looking forward to learning.

5 Likes

Hii everyone, I am Mahima, I have completed my btech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from NITK, India this year. It was pretty uncertain the way I had to bid goodbye to 4yrs journey, I am here to be part of the discussion, to know more about computational neuroscience and its input into psychology and cognitive NS, I have priorly worked on Alzheimerā€™s and Retinal Fundus Image data set in NINS Lab at National Brain Research Center, India.

3 Likes

HI all!

Iā€™m Marius and helped create the notebooks for W1D2. I only now signed up for neurostarsā€¦

I live in Toronto where I work on motor adaptation and on visual perception as research associate in two labs. Follow me on Twitter: @BMtHart, ask me anything here.

Have fun at NMA and all the best to all of you!

3 Likes

Hello! Maybe these papers are of your interest. :slight_smile:

[https://secure.web.emory.edu/psychology/dilks/resources/publications/KampsNeuroImage2018.pdf]

[https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364661319301056]

1 Like

I am Aleksandra (she/her)ā€“ applied mathematician, work as Data Scientist. I finished Complex Systems Modelling M.Sc. at Kingā€™s College London. Two biggest research projects I had performed were about detection of abnormality in time series signal (EEG epileptiform modelling and telecommunication cloud metrix monitoring).

I am interested in reseach translation of brain activity to creating ML tools, therefore looking for PhD position in computational neuroscience.

I live in UK, from Uzbekistan. On my spare time I do photography, skiing and practice meditation.
My twitter @hainyx

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m DongHyun Yoon, a senior undergrad student in KAIST, majoring Math and EE.

My major interest is causality - from the nature of causality itself to the fundamental principles/framework/algorithms to make inference.

But I have a vast range of interest in general - spanning from bayesian brain theory/predictive coding/active inference, embodied cognition, consciousness, emergence and acquisition of language, semantics, to inductive bias/regularization/oracle property in stat/ML, disentangled representation learning in DL, algorithmic information theory, information geometry, physics of information, dynamical systems theory, etcā€¦

And I also love to talk about philosophy of science/mind/language!

I also have a work experience as a data scientist, machine learning engineer in a Finance AI startup.

Looking forward to meet you all and stimulate each other! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I am Fei-Yang Huang, a PhD student in University of Cambridge with Prof. Wolfram Schultz, working in primate neurophysiology. I am a medical doctor by training and was working in deep brain stimulation (DBS) in patients with Parkinsonā€™s disease. Currently, I am investigating reward processing and neuronal mechanisms of decision making in primate brain. We combine single neuron recordings in monkeys to study the computational principles in the brain. Happy to join the big family and share ideas and discussions in neuroscience and beyond.

Feel free to contact:
E-mail: fyh21@cam.ac.uk

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Erin, and Iā€™m a senior at Hamilton College.

This past spring, I was studying abroad at Eberhard Karls University in Tuebingen, Germany, where I was planning on working in a lab studying the neurobiology of vocal communication in finches. I have also done past work with corvids, and I love working with animals. Iā€™m super interested in cognition, communication, and olfactory cues.

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

2 Likes

Hello to all of you I am Danilo Tetesi student of Cognitive Neuroscience in La Sapienza (Rome).

Actually I am doing the Erasmus experience in the University of Tuebingen with courses of the Graduate Training School of Neuroscience. When I will come back in Rome I will start the Advanced School of Artificial Intelligence.

If you want to contact me this is my LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/danilo-tetesi

1 Like

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Juliana!

Iā€™m a PhD candidate in Behavioral & Systems Neuroscience at University of California, Berkeley studying decision-making and choice behavior across development, specifically using genetic mouse models of autism spectrum disorder. I hope to deepen my understanding of statistical and computational methods (specifically bayesian perspectives on RL and DDMs) that I can use to model behavioral tasks and perform analyses on fiber photometry data. Iā€™m pretty passionate about science policy and would love to link up with anyone who is already involved in policy or would like to know how!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™m excited to participate in Neuromatch Academy !
I am from Albania, Msc. Telecommunication Engineer, new ML enthusiastic.I have attended many machine learning events including EEML 2020 and ICML 2020.
I am planning to deepen my knowledge in ML and face recognition fields.
I am open to connect with like-minded persons.My linked in profile is
https://www.linkedin.com/in/manjola-zeneli-30859624/

Looking forward to sharing this experience with you all!

3 Likes

Hi everyone, this is Aria!
Iā€™m a PhD student at Arizona State University and my research is on Language and Auditory Neuroscience. My background is Electrical Engineering and that is why I am very interested in computational aspects of brain and neuroscience.
I am extremely happy to be here and share my knowledge and interest with you guys!
Best

2 Likes

Hey everyone! :upside_down_face: :v:

Iā€™m Diego Azevedo. My background is in economics, and I got my masters degree in cognitive neuroscience. Currently Iā€™m a research assistant under the supervision of Deniz Vatansever at the Institute of Science and Technology for Brain-Inspired Intelligence at Fudan University, China. In our work we combine reinforcement learning models and fMRI to investigate the neural correlates of the dual system theory in the context of monetary decision making. At the moment, besides working at Fudan I am also in the process of applying for a PhD position.

Outside the lab, I enjoy playing around with my guitar, reading, and traveling to unusual places. Generally, social issues also catch my attention which has made me engaged in political discussions and how I can contribute to improving the education in/situation of my country :brazil:

I love when I found communities like this one, so if there is anything I can help when it comes to what I mentioned above, feel free to get in touch.

Cheers!!:cocktail:

6 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Abdul. I am new here.

I am doing a Masters in Clinical and cognitive neuroscience and I am interested in doing analysis using python packages. I come from computer background and find this work intresting.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Jonathan. Iā€™m a Ph.D. student at Drexel University studying how descending pathways influence locomotion in Drosophila. Before my graduate studies, I worked as a Python programmer for 3 years at a biomedical engineering start-up. I am very excited about the opportunity to learn more about computational approaches to analyzing neuroscience data, specifically related to signal processing.

3 Likes

Hi. My name is Lookman Adeleke Abdullah. I am a PhD Researcher at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and I am interested in neuroscience. I am excited to be here

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Aderonke.

Associate Professor at Federal University of Technology, Akure. My field is Cybersecurity and Biometrics with keen interest in AI and its application. I am a catalyst at provoking scientific discusssion :boom: :boom:.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Hi All

I am Associate Professor at UT Austin. My lab works on computational neuroimaging with emphasis on white matter, vision, aging, development, and learning.

We also lead the development of the free secure open-source cloud computing platform https://brainlife.io.

Franco

Franco Pestilli
The University of Texas at Austin
https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/psychology/faculty/fp4834

https://brainlife.io/
6 Likes

Hi. Iā€™m Misha.
(he/him)
Iā€™m interested in neuroscience. How brain works, how information is processed etc
Big question - is mind uploading possible? (We have to be specific with our goals)
My favorite computational neuroscientist - Hopfield.
My favorite experimental neuroscientist - Mu-Ming Poo.
My wish-list: https://www.mxwbio.com/products/maxone-mea-system-microelectrode-array
Cool theory: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4010728/
Originally a molecular biologist, I was choosing topics related to neuro: psychiatric genetics, voltage sensors, calcium sensors.
Iā€™m Matlab user.
Looking for challenges)

5 Likes