Introduce yourself!

Hi! I’m Paul Wright. I’m a researcher at KCL with an interest in stroke and cognition, and in particular in using big clinical data with machine learning to predict outcomes and aid clinical decision making. I am part of the AMIGO team.

3 Likes

Hi y’all! I’m Elliot. I’m a 2020 grad of Ohio State’s undergrad neuroscience program. I specialized in cognitive/computational neuroscience and minored in the history of science (which is one of my favorite things to talk about).

My undergrad research included a short stint at the University of Illinois studying behavioral genomics and bioinformatics. There, I used the CLARITY technique to localize neuroactive gene products related to autism and exercise motivation. However, the majority of my work was in cognitive control! My thesis was an EEG study examining how a shortcut we take to cope with our limited visual working memory capacity works. After graduation, I pivoted to social cognitive neuroscience, mostly using fMRI.

Right now, I’m broadly interested in the neuroscience of communication, especially (1) online communication and sharing and (2) political communication; how technology mediates not only the ways we communicate, but also the ways we think about communication (including big concepts like privacy and truth); and how this research can be used to inform better law and policy.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Alex White. I just joined this forum because I’m starting to use fmriprep to analyze data I’m collecting in the Brain Development & Education Lab at Stanford.

I’m a postdoc working with Jason Yeatman, but in 6 months I’ll be starting my own visual perception lab at Barnard College.

Looking forward to some fun discussions!
Alex
http://alexlwhite.com/

4 Likes

Hi, fellow neuropeople!

My name is Alice and I am a PhD student in the Laboratory of Brain Imaging at the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences. I came to the neuro world after some wobbly early career in engineering, clinical physics and epidemiology, so I am fairly new here and need to learn a lot.
At the moment, I am working with sparse fMRI data and looking for some helpful tips for analysis.
My research interests are the neuroscience of music & language, and brain plasticity.

In my spare time, I write a neuroscience popsci blog in two languages (Polish and English) at facebook.com/lubiemozgi

It’s great to join such a helpful community!

Alice

5 Likes

HI everyone!

My name is Lionel Kusch.
I am working on the co-simulation between The Virtual Brain and Nest.

I am actually a PhD student in Marseille in the team of Theoretical Neuroscience Group in the lab Institut de Neuroscience des Systèmes.

Have a good day,
Lionel

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Libby, and I’m currently (struggling) with a masters in cognitive neuroscience at the University of Sussex. I haven’t checked this board properly and am yet to get stuck into the wonderful content provided by Neurostars, but I am keen to get started.

I previously studied philosophy and have a bit of a fear of numbers; I’m hoping that Neurostars will be able to help me improve on my numerical and quantitative skills so that I can complete my masters to the best of my ability.

Anyway, thanks for doing all the wonderful stuff you’re doing. I hope to join you in the adventure.

6 Likes

Hello :wave:. I’m Ally. I’m a PhD neuroscience student at Aston University in the UK. I’m learning how to use fMRI to study lexical processing. This looks like a great community so I’m looking forward to being part of it. Thanks for having me :blush:.

4 Likes

Hi all. Tom here. I am a director of neuroimaging at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia and a node director of the Australian National Imaging Facility.

If anyone wants to know anything about neuroimaging in Australia, feel free to ask!

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Polina!

I’m a masters student in MIPT, Moscow. I’m working with fMRI data, I’m interested in questions of neuroscience and data analysis. I defended a bachelor graduation project on autobiographical memory of the human brain. Now I’m working with sleep stages and Hidden Markov models.

Cheers:)

4 Likes

Hi there! I am Büşra!

I am a first-year Ph.D. student at the Cognition and Neuroscience program at Temple University. My research focuses on episodic memory and emotion interactions in healthy and clinical populations. I use behavioral, fMRI, and DTI/RSI methods in my research. I am only beginning and still have a lot to learn about the neuroscientific tools and statistical packages, so here I am.

Looking forward to connecting with many of you in time!
Best,

3 Likes

Hello all,
I am Neeraj Ap an CSE undergrad and I’m here to learn and contribute.
I’m interested in machine learning with python, I’ve built various web apps with integrated ML and DL.
Thanks,
Hoping to have fun!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am Ram from India, a PhD candidate. I am working on diffusion MRI and functional MRI, basically on connectivity analysis. My background is clinical radiography. However, for the research works I am hoping to learn new things in neuroimaging. It is nice to see so many neurostars on this platform. Hopefully I can also help others in here and learn new stuffs myself too.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’m Kai. I am a postdoctoral research fellow in neuroimaging at Southampton, UK. My research addresses human brain at diseases across the life-span, with focuses on the neuroimaging aspects of neonatal brain injury and adults with progressive multiple sclerosis. I am interested in processing, analyzing, and interpreting MRI data of the human brain in disease states, so as to intellectually guide treatment strategy and impact social policy. I am happy to join, and I look forward to learning from the many brilliant people and contributing to the Neurostars community!

Cheers,

Kai

4 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Ali and I am a fourth-year undergraduate student at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. I am currently studying how parental care can impact emotional development in children via epigenetic regulation of the endogenous oxytocin system. We use fMRI for a variety of tasks, and also use resting state data to look at amygdala functional connectivity. This year, I’ll be participating in the ABCD-ReproNim course and begin hunting for a research position for my gap year before I apply to graduate school! I’m super excited to join this community and hopefully engage with it for years to come! :brain: :grin:

5 Likes

Hi everyone.

My name is Ashwin and I am from India. I have done my bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. My research interests are based on medical imaging technologies as I am fascinated by how much we can learn about our human body in a non-invasive manner. Previously I have worked on Ultrasound Image Processing. Now I am looking to forward to work on neuroimaging technology. I am currently working on tractography algorithms and am looking for someone to help me out as I am stuck here. Hope to have a good knowledge sharing session with everyone !!!

Regards

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Faruk.

I am working with various kinds of ultra-high field MRI data. Mostly from living humans but also including dead brains or other species. I am the main developer of Segmentator and co-developer of LAYNII while also having some other projects which are all focused around high-resolution ultra-high field MRI. Neuroscience-wise, I have the most experience in human auditory, visual cortices together with subcortex & brainstem.

Disclosure: I am currently working as a researcher & software developer for Brain Innovation after completing my PhD thesis at Maastricht Univerisity, The Netherlands.

6 Likes

Hello, I’m Adam.
I’m at the Montreal Neurological Institute, I’m an old UNIX systems guy attached to NeuroHub. I’m tasked with getting complex pipelines, like fMRIPrep and Tractoflow running on clusters with large datasets, like UKBB and ABCD. I’m a novice in the world of neuroimaging, so my questions are sure to garner a good amount of eye-rolling. Be gentle, please. :smile: I was at Argonne National Lab for a little over a decade and at the University of Chicago for a decade before that. I have a background in fine arts, 3D modeling and I have a long history with large UNIX systems. I remember real terminals. I really enjoy being the glue between scientists and systems people.

4 Likes

Buongiorno Everyone, :blush:
I’m Francesca Cavicchiolo and I’m attending a master degree in Cognitive Neuroscience and Clinical Neuropsychology at the University of Padua (Italy). During my Bachelor, I experienced both research (concerning affective touch and empathy) and clinical practice (in a rehab center for ASD children). At the moment I’m interested in everything concerning neuroscience. :blush: I can programme in python and I’m going to learn to use R and Matlab (hope soon). For the future, I’d love to do a Phd…right now I’m trying to understand where doing it.
I’ve been introduced to neurostars but I already like it! I’m sure it is so so useful.
Nice to meet you all! Arrivederci!

3 Likes

Hi all,
My name is Fabienne and I’m currently working at the Sleep and Cognition lab at the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience in Amsterdam. I’m analysing functional MRI data of patients with Parkinson’s Disease and can’t wait for the results! At the moment I’m figuring out how to use fmriprep, so could use some help there. I have recently finished my masters in Cognitive Neuroscience and love doing research, but my real interest lies with the translation and implementation of neuroscientific results into our society.
Best!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
This is Jignesh Mistry from India. Currently pursuing MTech in Biomedical Engineering. I am enrolled in Noninvasive imaging and diagnostics lab in IIT Madras. I am working on the pain analysis using fMRI images. Hope to find the correlation or difference between the pain pathways of the physical pain and the social pain.
Regards,
Jignesh.

3 Likes