Introduce yourself!

Hi. I am Lushun. Just downloaded BCBtoolkit. Hope I can learn to use it.

2 Likes

Hi this is James
I have PhDs in Cognitive Neuroscience (U. Trento, Italy) and Sanskrit/Tibetan (Columbia U, NY), with postdoctoral training in both fields. One primary interest in neuroscience is understanding functional neuro-circuitry using MRI methods. Broader research interest is focused on integrating knowledge systems from both fields.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Konstantin Cherkas

I’m a physicist, currently - postDoc at the Center for Neuroscience Imaging Research (CNIR, SKKU). I’m doing ultra high filed MR research on small rodents (mice), building MR compatible optical sensors for neuronal measurements (fiber photometry). I’m highly interested in implementation of BIDS and utilizing nipype for MR data processing.

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m Shubh, currently an Undergrad in the Computer Science Dept. of Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay. I’ve worked on many ML Projects of my own in past years and have learned a lot aabout ML and TensorFlow.

Looking forward to contributing to this vibrant community(with an aspiration for GSoC!)

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Omar Elsherif. I study Medical Informatics at Faculty of Computers & Artificial Intelligence Benha University in Egypt. I want to work in neuroscience research using the power of AI and Data science. I’m in my second year at college now and during the first year, I learned a lot about machine learning, deep learning from Coursera and DataCamp. I also take an advanced nanodegree in Data Analysis from Udacity. I joined Neuromatch Academy as an interactive student during the last summer. I want to join DIPY in GSoC 21 under the umbrellas of INCF. I most interested in Image processing and visualization so I want to join the project titled (Extend DIPY Horizon workflow for Visualization) so any tips or something to do in order to start contributing here?
Here is my linkedin profile to keep in touch: https://www.linkedin.com/in/omar-elsherif-data-science/

3 Likes

Hi, I am Purva Chaudhari, third year undergrad in Computer Science from India. I have worked on Object Oriented Python, c++, ML, Tensorflow, Pytorch, and data science algorithms. Looking forward to working on Neuroscience and participate in GSOC 2021!

3 Likes

Hi , I am R Tharun Gowda , currently pursuing undergrad in Indian Institute of Technology (BHU). I’m a AI and machine learning enthusiast mainly in the field of computer vision and reinforcement learning. I have always found it interesting to use AI in field of medical diagnosis and its huge applications in the field of neurology, intend to be part of this community and also looking forward to be a part of GSOC’21.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Fran Hancock in Switzerland. I started a PhD in Neuroimaging Research / Computational Neuroscience at King’s College London. I’m looking at the dynamical complexity of resting state and hope to investigate both synchrony and information dynamics in rs-networks. Due to COVID restrictions, I need to ‘self-learn’ everything from fMRI preprocessing through to information theoretic analysis. I found this site while looking for information on HCP data/directory structure and BIDS.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Daniela in Italy. I’m a cognitive-behavioural economist, currently - postDoc at the University of Chieti-pescara. I’m doing behavioral research on how to introduce the active inference notion into the economic theory.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Theo van Erp and work on neuroimaging in psychiatry.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Arnab Mukherjee, a sophomore at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur.

I am proficient in Python, Java, and C++. I am very much interested in using data science and machine learning for solving various practical problems in different domains: bio-medical, text analysis, time series analysis, etc. I am also familiar with several machine learning tools and frameworks like tensorflow, keras, pandas, NLTK, scikit-learn, etc.

In my idle time , I have made several personal projects involving image processing, nlp, time series analysis, etc. A glimpse of those can be found in my Github profile(amcs1729 · GitHub).

I am looking forward to making meaningful contributions to this organization through GSOC 2021 and in the future.

1 Like

Hi Arnab, and welcome! I am the org admin for INCF’s participation in GSoC 2021, together with my co-admin @arnab1896 Arnab Banerjee. All our project ideas for this year are posted here on Neurostars, you can also see them listed in our Ideas doc

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Hi I am Alexandra de Sousa. I am a Senior Lecturer at Bath Spa University, UK. My research interests are in brain evolution and brain function. I am hoping to help make data and comparative brain collections more easily available.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m Anoushka, a Computer Science undergraduate from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri. I currently reside in Maharashtra, India. I have frontend knowledge in HTML, CSS, and a bit of React. I have a good base in Python and Java as well. Neuroscience and different simulations of the brain have always fascinated me. I’m a complete beginner but I’d love to dig deeper and interact with various neuroscientists to understand more about the brain. Looking forward to interacting with y’all and learning something new!

3 Likes

Hi there,

I am Julien Sein, I work as a research engineer on a 3T MRI Research platform in the Institute of Neurosciences of of la Timone located in Marseille, France.
Most of the projects we host come from the local neurosciences community and target mostly the brain, in human and non human primates. I am involved in the setting up of MRI protocols, data conversion to BIDS and help with data analysis. I work with anatomical images, functional images, diffusion images, spectroscopic images on différent species from marmosets to humans.
I found a lot of ressources and information in this forum and I am trying to contribute as well to help others. I have been using HCPPipelines, fmriprep, mriqc, the bids validator. I am interested also in diffusion MRI processing (FSL, mrtrix) , preprocessing and denoising (denoiser, XCPEngine, fmridenoise among other tools) of fMRI data and also follow all the novelties coming from the non-human primate world through PRIME-DE and PRIME-RE.

See you around!

2 Likes

Hi , I am Uttkarsh , sophomore at Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, National Institute of Technology ,Jalandhar.

I am passionate about web development and open source and have been doing this for about an year. I like to make things that solve problem using my technical knowledge. My development is centered around MERN stack along with Next.js.

I am also fascinated by biology and human mind , and I think INCF is the one of the organization promoting development and Neurology hand in hand.
In mean time I have made some project which could be found on my Github.

I am looking forward learn more about the organization and Neurology by making some meaningful contribution to project’s. Also this would help me get confidence in making proposal for GSOC’21. So @malin can you please suggest me some active project in the organization so that I could make some contribution so as to strengthen my proposal for the same.

Thankyou Looking forward for an awesome journey :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi, I am Fabrizio Pizzagalli, I am a nueorimager interested in associations between brain changes and genetic info.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Joopally Vedarutvija, I’m student at Icfai Foundation for higher education(Icfai University) in the field of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.

I’m very enthusiastic in learning several technologies for building real time projects and doing research to find something new from the predictions.

I have knowledge in Python, Core Java, Java Script, CSS, Html and C. I have been working on AI,ML,DS, Web development and have done projects on Sonar Data Classification and Pedestrian Detection.

I’m still learning to explore more. I got inspired by various functions of our brain which resulted neuroscience add up to my interests so eagerly looking forward to learn and explore. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Anju Prasannan, a phD student at Amrita University, Kerala, India. My Research Area is Big Data Analytics and Visualisation in Neuroscience. I am also a Data Engineer by profession. You can find me at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anju-prasannan/ .
I love solving challenging problems and love to learn new things. This year I wish to apply for GSoC in a project in which I can use and improve my Data Engineering and Machine Learning skills plus develop some new skills as well.
I’m a complete beginner in Neuroscience but I’d love to dig deeper and interact with various neuroscientists to understand more about the brain.
I’ve gone through previous year projects of INCF and also glanced at this year’s Project Ideas and am looking forward to contribute to the Organisation and learn from others here.

I’m excited to share different ideas and look forward to learning and contributing to this amazing community.

3 Likes