Introduce yourself!

Hi, I’m Daniela in Italy. I’m a cognitive-behavioural economist, currently - postDoc at the University of Chieti-pescara. I’m doing behavioral research on how to introduce the active inference notion into the economic theory.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Theo van Erp and work on neuroimaging in psychiatry.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Arnab Mukherjee, a sophomore at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur.

I am proficient in Python, Java, and C++. I am very much interested in using data science and machine learning for solving various practical problems in different domains: bio-medical, text analysis, time series analysis, etc. I am also familiar with several machine learning tools and frameworks like tensorflow, keras, pandas, NLTK, scikit-learn, etc.

In my idle time , I have made several personal projects involving image processing, nlp, time series analysis, etc. A glimpse of those can be found in my Github profile(amcs1729 · GitHub).

I am looking forward to making meaningful contributions to this organization through GSOC 2021 and in the future.

1 Like

Hi Arnab, and welcome! I am the org admin for INCF’s participation in GSoC 2021, together with my co-admin @arnab1896 Arnab Banerjee. All our project ideas for this year are posted here on Neurostars, you can also see them listed in our Ideas doc

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Hi I am Alexandra de Sousa. I am a Senior Lecturer at Bath Spa University, UK. My research interests are in brain evolution and brain function. I am hoping to help make data and comparative brain collections more easily available.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m Anoushka, a Computer Science undergraduate from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri. I currently reside in Maharashtra, India. I have frontend knowledge in HTML, CSS, and a bit of React. I have a good base in Python and Java as well. Neuroscience and different simulations of the brain have always fascinated me. I’m a complete beginner but I’d love to dig deeper and interact with various neuroscientists to understand more about the brain. Looking forward to interacting with y’all and learning something new!

3 Likes

Hi there,

I am Julien Sein, I work as a research engineer on a 3T MRI Research platform in the Institute of Neurosciences of of la Timone located in Marseille, France.
Most of the projects we host come from the local neurosciences community and target mostly the brain, in human and non human primates. I am involved in the setting up of MRI protocols, data conversion to BIDS and help with data analysis. I work with anatomical images, functional images, diffusion images, spectroscopic images on différent species from marmosets to humans.
I found a lot of ressources and information in this forum and I am trying to contribute as well to help others. I have been using HCPPipelines, fmriprep, mriqc, the bids validator. I am interested also in diffusion MRI processing (FSL, mrtrix) , preprocessing and denoising (denoiser, XCPEngine, fmridenoise among other tools) of fMRI data and also follow all the novelties coming from the non-human primate world through PRIME-DE and PRIME-RE.

See you around!

2 Likes

Hi , I am Uttkarsh , sophomore at Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, National Institute of Technology ,Jalandhar.

I am passionate about web development and open source and have been doing this for about an year. I like to make things that solve problem using my technical knowledge. My development is centered around MERN stack along with Next.js.

I am also fascinated by biology and human mind , and I think INCF is the one of the organization promoting development and Neurology hand in hand.
In mean time I have made some project which could be found on my Github.

I am looking forward learn more about the organization and Neurology by making some meaningful contribution to project’s. Also this would help me get confidence in making proposal for GSOC’21. So @malin can you please suggest me some active project in the organization so that I could make some contribution so as to strengthen my proposal for the same.

Thankyou Looking forward for an awesome journey :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi, I am Fabrizio Pizzagalli, I am a nueorimager interested in associations between brain changes and genetic info.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Joopally Vedarutvija, I’m student at Icfai Foundation for higher education(Icfai University) in the field of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.

I’m very enthusiastic in learning several technologies for building real time projects and doing research to find something new from the predictions.

I have knowledge in Python, Core Java, Java Script, CSS, Html and C. I have been working on AI,ML,DS, Web development and have done projects on Sonar Data Classification and Pedestrian Detection.

I’m still learning to explore more. I got inspired by various functions of our brain which resulted neuroscience add up to my interests so eagerly looking forward to learn and explore. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Anju Prasannan, a phD student at Amrita University, Kerala, India. My Research Area is Big Data Analytics and Visualisation in Neuroscience. I am also a Data Engineer by profession. You can find me at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anju-prasannan/ .
I love solving challenging problems and love to learn new things. This year I wish to apply for GSoC in a project in which I can use and improve my Data Engineering and Machine Learning skills plus develop some new skills as well.
I’m a complete beginner in Neuroscience but I’d love to dig deeper and interact with various neuroscientists to understand more about the brain.
I’ve gone through previous year projects of INCF and also glanced at this year’s Project Ideas and am looking forward to contribute to the Organisation and learn from others here.

I’m excited to share different ideas and look forward to learning and contributing to this amazing community.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

Hope all of you are safe and doing well.
I am Devishi, an undergraduate student in Electronics and Communication. Going through the vast resources on this site, I realized that even with my non - biology background, there were numerous projects/ discussions I could get involved with.

I’m so glad to be a part of this vibrant, diverse community. I hope to actively participate and contribute to open source as much as I can.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello! My name is James Rounds, and I am a graduate student at Cornell University, working towards neuro-informed educational interventions that leverage immersive media and modern theories of social psychology to optimize teaching and inspire better academic outcomes. For the past decade, I have primarily worked with EEG methods, as well as fMRI and various forms of psychophysiology (eye-tracking, skin conductance, facial EMG, heart-rate, EKG), and prior to that in vivo rodent electrophysiology. I also provide support for simultaneous EEG-fMRI experiments at Cornell’s Magnetic Resonance Imaging Facility. I am inspired by the Open Science movement and grateful to participate!

4 Likes

Hi,
I am Swarag. T, a third-year BS-MS student at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER), Pune. I am interested in Neuro+AI+Cognitive sciences. You can find me on LinkedIn(link-profile). I am searching for opportunities in labs, including computational projects. Can you please suggest/inform any? It would be a great help.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Michaela Rice, but all of my friends and colleagues call me Mickey! I am a first-year Cognitive Neuroscience PhD student at Colorado State University working in Deana Davalos’ lab. My previous research has been investigating the effects of video games on cognitive control using EEG, but I’m currently shifting into examining how affect and mood disorders interact with cognitive abilities, and how cognitive health can be supported using technology. I have experience with EEG/ERPs, MatLab, SPSS, and R, and I’m looking to gain experience in Python and other coding languages. I’m planning to apply for a GSoC project, and I’m super excited at the possibility of being involved in the Open Source movement!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I am Abhishek Parmar, an undergrad student in Computer Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Mandi.
I am proficient in python and have great enthusiasm for Neural networks and their application in medical field.
Currently I am doing a project where we have to classify surface level EEG and EMG signals to know the direction in which the person wants to move. I want to solve this problem in the best possible manner and hence would be grateful to talk to anyone who has worked in this field.
Thanks for having me :smile:

2 Likes

Hey there! I am Abhinav Gudipati from IIIT Delhi!

I am interested in contributing to this organization for this annual year! Albeit this is an ambitious goal to achieve, but let’s hope for the best for GSoC 2022!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Karthik Sama here.

I’m about to complete my third year at the International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore enrolled in a Integrated(Bachelor’s + Master’s) program. The working of the brain has fascinated me in the for things that might appear mundane like concluding an apple is red, from being shown what red colour is, and what an apple is… From a computational perspective I have learnt there are a lot of ways to explore the field of neuroscience. I hope to take inspiration from people from diverse backgrounds present here for connecting my dots. I would love to here from the community what sparked their interest into the field they currently are in.

Thanks in advance :grin:

2 Likes

Greetings everyone!

I’m Swatantra from India, studying Biotechnology(UG). I love everything that is science, but I’m a bit biased towards Mathematics, Neuroscience, Technology and Physics, and I believe these four together can solve the prime problems in Neuroscience.

In future, I want to work with Brain-Computer Interfaces, mind-controlled prosthetics and explore the mysteries of human consciousness. To deal with and solve such problems I think we need a lot of help from brain-simulations and mathematics, for that I’m currently on the verge of changing my career path into computational neuroscience.
I’m learning everything from scratch: programming, how computers work, how the brains work; I’m also strengthening my mathematical knowledge and skills, problem-solving skills, and learning many more interesting things.

I’m generally very much enthusiastic, futuristic, filled with positive energy, dedicated, and like to embark on challenging problems and enjoy solving them. I love connecting with new people from different fields and form meaningful connections. I believe in open-mindedness and in helping others - “If you help someone to take a step forward, you took humanity forward by one step”.

I’m looking forward to connecting with others and help humanity step forward together!

I’m open to:

1. Having great constructive conversations.
  2. Working in any sort of group projects related to neuroscience.
  3. Exchanging knowledge and experiences.

Here are my other contact informations if you want to connect:
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/swatantra-dhara
Mail - swatantra.5.dhara@gmail.com
GitHub - StargazzeerR (Swatantra Dhara) · GitHub
Calling - (+91) 7003026048 [please don’t spam!]

Have a nice day!

2 Likes