Introduce yourself!

Hello, everyone.

My name is Yuko Kobayashi, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University.
I am interested in imaging studies of schizophrenia.
I am learning a lot from this forum.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Iā€™m Xiyang Sun. :grinning:
I am a research scientist in Riken, Japan. Before that, I accomplished my Ph.D. course at the University of Tokyo, majoring in Computational neuroscience and Soft robot. Here is my personal website: Xiyang Sun.
Currently, my research topic is modelling for the sensorimotor pathway, including 1) multisensory control and related modelling; 2) modelling for the oscillation neural network, mainly based on the hippocampus; 3) analyzing the mechanisms for movement modulation, based on the cerebellum and relevant regions.
I am always happy to discuss these relevant fields in Neuroscience.
Any discussion and potential cooperation would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Xiyang

2 Likes

Hi all!
I am a ā€˜youngā€™ French researcher, trying to forget everything I knew about fMRI data analysis until today.
I am now looking for the right path in neuroimaging!

Alex

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Dan Elton. My day job is at the NIH working on AI for medical imaging.

Iā€™m also a researcher at the Carboncopies Foundation working on forecasting connectomics and brain simulation.

I blog at moreisdifferent.substack.com. I just have one post that is neuroscience related so far:
ā€œForecasting Connectomicsā€. You can find me on Twitter @moreisdifferent.

1 Like

Hello everyone! Iā€™m a Ph.D. student in Neuroscience at the RibeirĆ£o Preto Medical School of the University of SĆ£o Paulo, Brazil. I work with dMRI data in stroke and healthy subjects. Iā€™m on Twitter: @LuanRAguiar_

Best regards,
Luan.

Hi,

Iā€™m Jean-Charles Roy, I work as a PhD candidate in neurosciences at the University of Rennes in France. I am studying fMRI data on depressed patients cohorts in elderly and in young adults. For my PhD, I am examining the relationships between resting-state fMRI, apathy and actigraphic data. I am looking forward to using the reproducible available toolkits such as fMRIprep and Nilearn to contribute to reproducible neuroscience in psychiatry.

Cheers,

JC

1 Like

Hello everyone, Iā€™m Raymundo!

Iā€™m a research software developer for Brainstorm. Iā€™m member of the Dynamic Neuroimaging Lab (neuroSPEED) at the Montreal Neurological Institute-Hospital (McGill University).

My interest is in the development of signal processing methods and tools applied to the analysis of brain recordings, such as EEG, MEG and fNIRS, and other biomedical signals such as ECG, respiration, PPG and EMG. Iā€™m quite new, but very enthusiastic towards the concept of open (neuro)science. Lastly, some beside-research interests are data visualization, maps, Linux, linguistics and šŸ¦«šŸ¦«.

Best,
Raymundo

1 Like

Hi all,

Iā€™m a postdoc at the University of Oregon Center for Translational Neuroscience. I have a history in data science and I am interested in neurolearn, nltools, and applying interesting ML approaches in neuroscience.

Ben

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m

• Mikhail, CTO of a leading fashion/computer vision software company,
  • doing science and programming,
  • helping with multiple sclerosis research,
  • (not) associated with RCN, Moscow,
  • have background is nuclear physics.
  • propelling cutting-edge methods into Russian medicine.
1 Like

Hello everyone! I am Konstantina, a researcher in Sweden. I am interested in MVPA and more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello All,

I am Eng. Khulood, I had Bachelor in Computer Engineering, and MS of Cybersecurity. I had a question, what is the difference between Quantum Computing, Cognitive science, and Neuroscience, as I a planning to pursue my second master degree on one of these? I got confused between these majors. Shall I have your advice, as I am interested in AI, Robotics, Cryptography.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Khulood

1 Like

Hi everyone:)
Iā€™m Mehrsa Heidari third-year medical student at Ahvaz Jondishapour University of Medical Sciences enthusiastic about neuroscience, neuroimaging, data science and data visualization.
Iā€™m here because of NeuroHackademy course!
Currently I am interested in brain imaging and processing. I am interested in working with Alzheimerā€™s and Parkinsonā€™s disease data.
I have basic programming knowledge(Python) and also a good familiarity with data analysis libraries (pandas, seaborn, matplotlib, numpy).
But I am new to this programing field where I need to deal with complex data analysis and AI approaches, It would be very helpful for me if there is anyone who can help me kick start in this area of interest or join me t start neuroimaging projects so it will be very helpful for me to continue in this path as a neuro lover!
Cheers!
Mehrsa

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am Lavanya M K. I have been working as a Data Scientist for the past 3 years in a startup. As I am working in a startup I have to take up multiple roles like data scientist, platform developer and data engineer. In the Data science space, I have experience of several Machine Learning/ Deep Learning projects. I can code in Python, Scala and Java. I have also worked on platform data preprocessing, pipelines creation, model deployment, state management and serving.

I am excited to learn computational neuroscience, neuroinformatics in general. Looking forward to learning and contributing!

1 Like

Hi,
Iā€™m Stacy, (currently a PhD Candidate) conducting Neuroimaging research in a joint project between the Thomas Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy Center and Drexel University School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences. My work is focused on using resting state fMRI imagery in refractory patients. I am biologist/anatomist by training, been in industry for >20 years and have decided to go back and get a PhD conducting research of my own choosing. My only regret is that I wished I had access to these tools and techniques earlier in my career. This stuff is soooo cool!

Look forward to connecting with you on this new journey.

1 Like

Hello Everyone, Iā€™m Ayush Bhardwaj! :wave::grinning:

Iā€™m an Undergraduate pursuing CSE(Hons) at Lovely Professional University. Iā€™m a machine learning student and also fond of learning new and amazing things about the brain and its functionalities.
Iā€™m interested in asking questions and guidance to follow up my interest in neuroscience as a beginner in this field.
I am happy to connect with people.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Hi!

Iā€™m studying a part-time PhD at Goldsmiths College, University of London, researching prediction of dementia using Machine Learning, including Deep Learning. My background is working as a Data Scientist and software developer, including Python. Iā€™m quite new to the area of neuroscience but am already fascinated!

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Lukman Ismail
I am a PhD student at University of Angers, France. I am interested in ML application in fmri image processing. I use Python, Matlab and any other Language (if my work demands it). I am new here and I wish to learn something from everyone in Functional brain network image processing and other important ML techniques.
I am happy to share, collaborate and learn with people who linke to invent and solve problems.

1 Like

Hi all,

I am Owen Morgan, a PhD student at Cornell University. My interests include methods for studying conscious perception, and how the motor system contributes to cognition and motivation. I was first trained on matlab, but am learning to use fmriprep for upcoming projects. I am excited to join this community, and to continue learning best practices for open and reproducible neuroimaging!

1 Like

Hello Everyone, Iā€™m Jason Schneiderman PhD Iā€™m the new Scientific Operations Director for the CMU-Pitt Brain Imaging Data Generation & Education (BRIDGE) Center https://www.bridge-center.org/ and a member of the teaching faculty in the Carnegie Mellon Neuroscience Institute https://www.cmu.edu/ni/

My career as a neuroscientist and behavioral scientist has taken my research everywhere from a hospital at the height of the COVID Pandemic to the International Space Station and the South Pole. Iā€™m excited to join this diverse and active group of researchers.

Jason Schneiderman, PhD (he/him)
Scientific Operations Director
CMU-Pitt BRIDGE Center
150B Mellon Institute
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

jschnei2@andrew.cmu.edu
Office: 412-268-3647
https://www.bridge-center.org
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-schneiderman-a2938b51/

1 Like

Hello everyone,

My name is Jeff Roszell and I am an Undergraduate Software / Biomedical Engineering student at University of Calgary who has been involved in multiple machine learning projects. I am currently studying data generalizability in multi-center data for my undergraduate research thesis and plan on furthering my research in a similar area next year when I move into my MSc in Biomedical Engineering. I am still new to some of the imaging standards, preprocessing pipelines, and learning models used in imaging, so I joined this arena as another means to valuable information and guidance.

Cheers,

Jeff

1 Like