Introduce yourself!

Hello,
I am Rudra from Mumbai, India. I am practicing neurological physiotherapist. I am interested in neuroscience and quite familiar with it but not very good with computational methods. I have been dabbling my feet in computational neuroscience since past 3 years. My areas of interest are BCI, rehabilitation robotics and deep learning. Very excited to be a part of NMA

1 Like

Hi!
I am Pratyush , a medical student interested in Neuroscience and yes Alzheimerā€™s disease

Interested to do a group project together.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Mareike, I am a PhD student since Jan 2020 (Germany). Iā€™m participating here for the very first time and I chose the observer track of NMA. I did my masterĀ“s degree in Cognitive Neuroscience and right now I am focusing on pupil, HRV and fMRI data :brain:.

I am highly interested in improving my coding skills (R, MatLab, Python) and learn new ways of thinking when coding scripts and analyzing data.

Have any of you already written a script to extract data from a Bluetooth/ANT+ controlled commercial product? :thought_balloon:

I am looking forward to the coming weeks!

Cheers,
Mareike

2 Likes

Hiļ¼Œeveryoneļ¼
My name is Huiqi Wang from China. You can call me ā€œKiā€. I recently finished my medical B.M.degree and started my master in cognitive neuroscience at Southern medical university, China.
I am so excited to be on the observer track of NMA and learn from everyone. :smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I am Hsiao-ju (Rita) Cheng. A research associate and a PhD candidate at the National University of Singapore. I use functional and structural MRI as well as DTI to study brain changes after stroke. I am happy to be on the observer track of NMA and am looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

HI,

Iā€™m Raghavendra, a PhD student at I3D Lab at Indian Institute of Science, India.

I registered for observer track for NMA. Iā€™m kind of new to neuroscience and learning it slowly, right now.

My main field of research is HCI, human computer interactionā€¦ Iā€™m also interested in BCI, Behaviour and Perception fields.

My skills include Machine Learning (currently working on a couple of projects in the area of Eye Tracking using DL), and Experiment Design and Human Studies. I also work on Visualization, Virtual Reality and next-gen interaction devices.

Iā€™m excited to be a part of this community and looking forward for the coming weeks.

I would love to share/discuss ideas, problems and always up for collaborations

Thanks,
Raghavendra

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Abin krishnan. I obtained my PhD in aerospace engineering from IIT Madras, India. For my thesis, I used the framework of complex networks to investigate the spatiotemporal dynamics happening inside a laboratory scale engine. Brain networks were my inspiration for constructing spatial networks! Now, I would like to switch to neuroscience and am looking forward to a postdoc position, especially in Network Neuroscience.

I hope this summer school will make me learn new concepts and introduce me to the experts of this field.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello All!
I am Ashmita Reddy,second year medical student from FM MCH, Odisha, India.

I am very much interested in different fields of neuroscience like neuropsychology, neuroeconomics, and have undergone training in NIMHANS under the department of Mental Health Education. I know the basics of python, MATLAB, AI. But I am absolutely new to Computational neuroscience.

Looking forward to work, learn and collaborate. Happy to be a part of observer tract of NMA.

Best,
Ashmita

1 Like

Hi Everyone!

My name is Brad Segal, Iā€™m currently finishing up my medical degree (MBBCh) and my MSc in engineering from the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa. My initial focus has been on generative adversarial networks for medical imaging as well as hierarchical learning for disease classification according to clinical taxonomies.

I have however, always had a fascination with neuroscience and am thoroughly excited to learn more about the technical side of the brain.

Always keen to chat about ideas and to colab on projects.

2 Likes

Hello!

My name is Ziyi. Iā€™m an undergraduate student at Brandeis University studying neuroscience and computer science, currently planning to attend grad school in systems/computational neuroscience. My interests include BCI, deep learning, and generally quantitative descriptions of the brain. Really excited to be here and hope to learn from you all =)

~Best wishes

1 Like

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Elissa :wave:

Iā€™m currently completing the International Neuroscience Masterā€™s degree of the UniversitĆ© de Bordeaux. I have a deep interest in neuro-inflammatory diseases. Iā€™ve been coding on python for 3 years and iā€™d like to learn new computing techniques and improve my knowledge of deep learning.
Iā€™m so glad to be part of the NMA !

Best

Elissa

2 Likes

Hi everyone and greeting from India !

Hope this message finds you safe, healthy and happy !

Iā€™m Oshin Puri ! Iā€™m currently pursuing the second professional of my medical under-graduation (Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India.

My professional career interests are neurosurgical surgical residency and cognitive neurosciences research in neurological disorders.

Personally Iā€™m an extrovert fun loving person and love performing and directing theatre and dramatics.

Hope to see you all at NMA 2020

3 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m Oumaima from Morocco, observer track chair of NMA. I have a master degree in neurosciences and biotechnology and Iā€™m here to learn about python

1 Like

Hi all! Iā€™m Ern, a final year undergraduate student from Singapore studying psychology at Nanyang Technological University.
I have had experience working with projects involving TMS/fMRI and am currently working on my thesis investigating motor representation within the EBA.
Iā€™m excited to be here and I look forward to learn from and to get to know the community here!

1 Like

Hello everyone.
My name is Yashaswi and currently I am a prefinal year student in B.Tech CSE at DAV Institute of engineering and technology.I have the knowledge of languages such as C, C++,Python and web developments tools like HTML, React, Nodes.
Talking about my interests, I have great passion for data science and machine learning and have made several projects on the same. I have contributed to open source software using git several times .Its a pleasure to be part of this community and hope to learn a lot from this and connect with amazing people out there.

1 Like

Hi all,
Iā€™m Kajal Sulthana an Undergraduate student at CET, India. Currently, Iā€™m pursuing my btech in applied electronics and instrumentation engineering.
Iā€™m completely new to Neuroscience. My fascination towards the application of AI in medical science made me to join Neuromatch.Hope we all can make this a great success!

Stay safe and healthy!!
Kajal Sulthana

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

Iā€™m Ananya, a junior at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (India) with a major in biology.

I am a beginner in neuroscience and am currently exploring different topics in cognitive neurosciences. Multi-sensory associations seem very fascinating to me!

Regards,
Ananya

2 Likes

Hello!

Iā€™m Hualong Ren, I got CS master degree from Stanford (focus on AI & Robotics). Iā€™m the Founder and CEO of Neurocean, a research-oriented company conducting R&D on Neuroscience-inspired AI and Robotics.

Interested in following areas:
1, spiking neural network
2, learning & memory
3, vision system, perception and information abstraction
4, motion / motor skills & dexterous manipulation

Extremely passionate in hiking and all kinds of wilderness/outdoor sports! And Beer!

Looking forward to meeting you!

3 Likes

Hi, all!

Iā€™m Vicky Mak, a post-bacc research assistant for the Erin Barnhart Lab at Columbia University. I majored in Ecology, Behavior, and Evolution and researched Drosophila courtship behavior in the Jing Wang Lab at UCSD. My current project at the Barnhart Lab is focused on understanding the role of the ER in mediating intracellular calcium dynamics in the Drosophila visual system. My research interests include studying the neurobiology of animal behavior and revealing the underlying evolutionary implications. Looking forward to meeting fellow neuroscience enthusiasts this summer!

1 Like

Hey Neuromatch!

Iā€™m Spencer Byers (He/Him), a rising third year PhD student at Boston University. I work in Dr. Ian Davisonā€™s lab studying olfactory circuits involved in mouse social behaviors. My PhD work mostly involves calcium imaging and behavioral tracking data. Previously, I graduated from Kenyon College with a BA in molecular biology and neuroscience. That said, Iā€™m still fairly new to the computational neuroscience world and Iā€™m excited to build my skills with you all here at NMA.

Iā€™m a native of Cleveland, Ohio and Iā€™m a huge sports fan (baseball, basketball, football). I played baseball in undergrad, so if anyone wants to chat baseball/sabermetrics Iā€™m always down! Otherwise, my hobbies include taking care of my house plants, listening to podcasts, and reading (favorite authors include Haruki Murakami, Zadie Smith and David Mitchell).

I look forward to meeting everyone soon!

1 Like