Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone,

My name is Antonia and I’m a first year PhD student in Germany in the field of neuropsychology. My PhD project is about memory and decoding memory content.
I am quite new to the field of neuroscience and loving it so far! But there is so much to learn and I run into questions about processing and analyzing neuroimaging data all the time, which is also how I found this great community.
From my studies I have some experience in programming in python, matlab and Java and have a tiny bit of experience in machine learning.
I’m really looking forward to learn a lot, contribute as a I can and connect to people with similar interests:)

Cheers,
Antonia

2 Likes

Hi everyone, it is my pleasure to be here. I’m Paulo.

I’m an undergraduate student of Biophysics, at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). So, I have been studying neurophysiology at my lab (and loving it), by analyzing and performing EEG exams/data. My first interest is to learn more about python analysis since I used to use Matlab. Aside, I’ve been thinking about working with unusual projects that use EEG (idk, like performing the exam while doing something different). My future dream is to work combining EEG and the game world.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! My name’s Logan, and I’m currently conducting undergraduate research out of the University of Pennsylvania. I’m really starting to dive deep into EEGs/ERPs, but would love some guidance. I’m also looking to hear about peoples’ experiences in graduate school and doing research since I’m still looking where to apply. (Any info would be amazing!)

I’m most familiar with javascript (and its frameworks for web dev), python, and R. I’ve dabbled in MATLAB and have done stimuli generation and recruitment. I’ll also have another co-authored publication (hopefully) sometime soon, let’s cross our fingers, lol.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I am Tanish Singh Chouhan, a fourth-year student of a 5-year integrated master’s program at Acropolis Institute of Technology and Research, Indore, India. I am well versed with web technologies like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, NodeJS, Bootstrap, Material Designs, etc. I really want to contribute to INCF and want to start an amazing journey in open source development. I really want to work on the frontend parts to revise the complex user interfaces into simpler ones.
I am really looking forward to contributing and learning a ton of things on this journey. I want to connect with people having similar interests in developing new things and creating a good user experience.

Cheers,
Tanish

1 Like

Hi!

I am Abhipsha Das, an independent researcher from India! I finished my undergrad in 2020 in computer science where I became very interested in data science and deep learning, especially applications of ML to different fields. I had been working as a software engineer for about a year after graduating but have left it now to pursue research. The next step for me is actually to go to grad school and get involved in academic research.
I recently developed a curiosity for computational neuroscience and found this community through the GSoC Archive, so I was very interested to join and introduce myself. I would love to be involved!

Cheers,
Abhipsha

1 Like

Hi!
I am Aryan Gupta, a BTech student from India. I want to begin my open source contribution journey with INCF. I am very interested in learning new things and technology.

Cheers,
Aryan Gupta

1 Like

Hi all, I’m Aditya. I’m a 2nd year BTech CSE student at Lovely professional University,Punjab in India. I love to work on Web development . Currently I am in learning phase so i love to learn everything which interests me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,
I’m Chris Brozdowski, a member of the DataJoint team. We’re working on data ingestion and analysis tools for neuroscience teams. I look forward to using this platform to learn more about the issues the field encounters.
Cheers,
Chris

1 Like

Hi NeuroStars,

my name is Xaver Funk and I am a member of PRSM lab at the University of Leiden, Netherlands. We are about to collect a large-scale open fMRI dataset investigating the effects of psilocybin on healthy volunteers. In doing so, we want to adhere to the principles of open science and open data and I am therefore happy to join this community!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I am Oyindamola Olatunji, a computer science undergrad at Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria. I am new to computational neuroscience. Joining this community will help with my learning.
My final year project is to classify autism spectrum disorder using fMRI data. I am excited about what is to come.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Aaditya Gupta and I am a second-year CSE+AI B-Tech student at IIIT-Delhi. I am proficient in programming languages including Python and Java. I have done basic machine learning projects in python and intermediate projects using java. The organization’s work really resonates with my own interests as it lies at the intersection of technology and biology. However, I am new to open source and am facing difficulty in starting with initial contributions… I really hope to get a helping hand to begin my journey.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I am Austin Pereira, a first year student at De Anza college. I am majoring in cognitive science and love to work with neural stuff and found this organization very cool. This will be my second organization which I would be contributing to. Earlier I contributed to Julia project and I hope to learn a lot from you guys

1 Like

Hi - I’m Cary Leung. I am an associate professor at Widener University in the Department of Biology.
I’m developing a lab to study anatomical differences in brain structures using MRIs. I am hoping to learn from someone about how to get accurate measurements on MRIs (like an accurate scale bar).
My colleague shared this wiki page FSL - FslWiki but I haven’t been able to find a program that does what I want (scale bar for .nii.gz files)
If anyone here can provide any guidance I’d appreciate it!
Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Respected Sir

I am Siva Sankar A, a Computer science undergrad, I am in my second year at Amrita Vishwa Vidya Peetham, Amritapuri. I am new to open source contributions but I am well aware of Python, Java, Git, C++. I would love to contribute to your Organization but could you please explain to me how to get started?

Hoping to hear from you soon
Regards
Siva Sankar A

1 Like

hi, everybody
I am new to neuroscience and I want to learn some study skills here.

1 Like

Hi everyone, My name is Favour James from Lagos, Nigeria.

I am a 400 level student Electrical and Electronics Student at Obafemi Awolowo University. I am a data scientist, an ML enthusiast, I love AI and all you can do with it and want to apply it in my course of study. I would also like to see more data science and AI applications in the health sector.
I’m skilled in python, SQL and technical writing. Check out my blog: https://jamesfav.hashnode.dev/
I’ve participated in data science competitions on zindi.

I am participating in GSOC for the first time and came across a project idea on this site I would love to contribute to. The project title is 2.1 Developing a tool to easily store data and study details for computational neuroscience research.
Please I would love guidance on how to understand the topic more and how to create a proposal for solving the problem. Thanks.
#gsoc #bids

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I’m Paul Okewunmi, an undergraduate in electronics and electronics engineering. I enjoy building computer vision applications for health and agricultural applications.
I’ll love to be involved in contributing to this awesome organization.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m Alistair, I’m a psychiatrist & researcher in London. I’ve started working on some MRI & PET data for one of our studies, and already feel very lost!

1 Like

Hi everyone ! I’m Samantha :smile:

I’m currently a master student from Marseille in internship in Switzerland, and working a lot with MRI data, using nipype / fMRIPrep, nilearn and other python stuff :grin:
I’m new to all of that so… trying to find my way through confounds, toolboxes and parameters ; but I really enjoy it !

See you soon !
Samantha

3 Likes

Hello companions!

I am a newcomer here. I wish a hopeful future for all members and regarding advancements in neuroscience, this is not far from the mind. I will feel happy to help and cooperate with you all, regardless of political, religious, and nationality diversity. The more solidarity among us, the more everybody in the community will achieve.

Thanks to the creators of this valuable community.

1 Like