Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone!

My name is Ellyn, and I am currently getting a PhD in Clinical Psychology and an MS in Statistics at Northwestern with Professor Robin Nusslock. Previously, I worked as a data analyst at the University of Pennsylvania’s Brain Behavior Laboratory. Expect to see me on here asking a lot of questions about nipype/fmriprep. Lot’s of data to process!

Best,
Ellyn

2 Likes

Hi :wave:, nice to meet you all. I am Li Xue :smiley:
I am a PhD student from Southeast University in China, and now I work as a honorary research assistant in GOS-ICH of University College London.
My work focuses on diffusion MRI and its application on neuroscience :brain:. My previous research is mainly about brain tumour, and precision medicine of depression.
I am excited to share my ideas and look forward to learning novel methods in this community!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m Majid. I completed a Ph.D. in neuroscience focused on brain networks at SBU Iran. Now, I’ve joined the University of Toronto, Dr. Moayedi’s Pain lab, as a postdoctoral fellow to investigate connectivity profiles of pain as a postdoctoral fellow. So I am involved in univariate and multivariate analyses of functional images and I am happy to join you to learn more.

Best,
Majid

1 Like

Hi i’m Sebastian Arenas Gonzalez a Biomedical engineer student from the University of Valparaiso, Chile. Currently, i’m working on tractography and stadistical analisys with FSL and TBSS.
i wish someone could help me with some troubles that i been having with randomise, may i ask it in this part?

1 Like

Hi folks!

I’m Onerva Korhonen, working as a post doc at Aalto University, Finland (just returned to Finland after ~2.5 years at CTB, UPM, Madrid, Spain). I’m a network neuroscientists with background in physics/computational science. My main research interest is construction of (functional) brain networks, including questions like: how preprocessing affects the observed network structure? how to define network nodes (and links)? how to build models for network dynamics? I mostly work with fMRI data, although I have also some temporally distant experience on MEG/EEG.

At the moment, I’m trying to slowly transit from an in-house preprocessing pipeline towards fMRIPrep. All tips are highly appreciated!

(I like all kind of networks, not only the brainly ones. Currently, I apply network tools also to study climate policy networks.)

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m Mathieu Guay-Paquet, currently doing software development for the NeuroPoly lab at Polytechnique Montréal, mainly working on Spinal Cord Toolbox (SCT).

1 Like

Hello,

I’m a phd student in Bordeaux (France). I’m working on a Breath-hold calibration to measure the CMRO2 in the brain (Davis equation). Mainly doing Multi-echos in bash, with ANTS and FSL

I’m struggling with preprocessing, but coming from an engineering background, it helps with matlab.
I am firstly looking for some help, but would love to get to help in the future.

Thanks for this forum.

2 Likes

Hey everyone :smiley:
My name is Lisa and I work as a neuropsychologist at university psychiatric hospital in Germany.
Additionally, I am a PhD student in cognitive neuropsychiatry lab and my work focusses on structural and functional brain connectivity in sub-clinical narcissism. I work with different brain imaging methods (VBM, SBM, DTI, fMRI, rsFMRI, ASL).
At the moment I really need help with surface-based-analyses. Since I use the actual cat12 version my gifti files cannot be opened…is there anybody who has an expertise with SPM/CAT12?

Best, Lisa

1 Like

Hi all,
I’m Shehani. MSc student. And I’m a complete fresher to Neuro-informatics. Thanks a lot for this website, look forward to be learning. Hope this would be a great starting point.

1 Like

Hello everyone!
Name is Kris, I am a graduate student of Computer Science at Bishop’s University, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada. I am doing a CAP project related to neuroscience, it is not exactly my forte, hence I am here to find help. My project is about cortical thickness given a nifti image of the brain.

1 Like

Hello
I’m VRUSHALI

I’m a undergraduate student of DATA SCIENCE and PROGRAMMING at IIT MADRAS INDIA.
I’m interested in COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE .

I’m new to this open source and facing problem in starting with initial contributions. I’m really hope to get a helping hand to begin my journey.

I’m really looking forward to learn a lot, contribute as I can and connect to people with similar interests.

Yay ! I’m excited about what is to come :relaxed:

1 Like

Hello, I’m Vlad from Mexico
doing calcium imaging and
developing analysis pipelines
for several methodologies.
Greetings!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Zoë, a PhD student at King’s College London. Looking forward to learning about open fMRI methods with you all!

1 Like

Hello, I’m Miao Chang, and I’m a medical graduate student. My topic is neonatal neurodevelopment, which is mainly to predict the outcome of neurodevelopment based on structural and functional data.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m Caroline Koehler, PhD student at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Germany. I work with MRI data from diseased pediatric patients who have abnormal tissue contrast due to a lack of myelination, resulting in registration difficulties. I’m excited about this platform and hope to discuss some ideas.
Best, Caroline

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I am Sanika Dixit, currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree under the University of Mumbai. I have a skillset of various programming languages, including Python, Java, C, C++. I am also a neuroscience and computational neuroscience enthusiast. I am looking forward to be a contributor in the upcoming GSoC 2023 program, where INCF is a mentor organization. I would love to connect with a mentor or even other fellow participants, it would be amazing to collect tips and have a healthy discussion. Looking forward to chat with the community!

1 Like

Hello, I am Rishi Kejriwal, a Computer Science and Engineering Student at IIT Roorkee, and I would love to contribute to INCF for the upcoming #GSoC 2023. Currently I am skilled in JavaScript, HTML,CSS, React JS, python, Django and C++, and I would like to put my knowledge to use in contributing to open source. It would be great if you can share some points how to get started with contributing to INCF.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi NeuroStars,

I’m a PhD student studying Clinical Neuropsychology at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine. I work at the Mesulam Center for Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer’s Disease, and I’m studying rs-fMRI characteristics of SuperAgers. Before graduate school, I worked in the #freesurfer lab at MGH/MIT.

I’m now trying to implement an open source pipeline for rs-fMRI. So far I’ve worked with #fmriprep and #xcp_d. In the past I’ve used Fs-Fast for FC analyses, but I’m now looking to find a #bids formatted tool going forward. I’m also trying to become proficient in #nibabel and #nilearn and appreciate any tips!

Happy to be a member of this wonderful community!

Cheers,
Bram

2 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Anurag Bhandari and I’m a second year engineering student. I’m a AI enthusiast and I am exploring this amazing domains for some months now. I also love open source and I look forward to contribute in some amazing incf porjects. I found about about incf from the official GSOC page and I would really love to contribute to incf projects under #gsoc 2023.

1 Like

Hi all,
I’m a clinical neuroimaging researcher focusing on impulsivity, aggression, and suicidality in schizophrenia with an emphasis on connectivity approaches. I am glad to be here among colleagues with similar interests.
Best wishes,
Matt Hoptman

1 Like