Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone . I am Vasu Arora , 3rd year engineering undergrad looking forward to contribute to the INCF cool projects. I am good with HTML , CSS , Machine Learning , Python and web dev. I will be really glad to get some advice and guidance for the same.
I will be waiting for your reply.
Email : shrisw2002@gmail.com
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/aroravasu123/
GitHub : 123Vasu · GitHub

1 Like

Hello and Happy new year,

My name is Seyed (Yahya) Shirazi; I am currently a postdoc at the Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience (SCCN), UCSD working with Scott Makeig and Arnaud Delorme on EEGLAB and MoBI.

My past experience has been around high-density EEG during locomotion and rehabilitation. You can find me on GitHub under neuromechanist (Seyed Yahya Shirazi) · GitHub.

All the best
Yahya

Hey everyone, I am Saransh. It’s been lovely realizing how diverse this community truly is!

I am currently a postgraduate student at Ashoka University (IN), concentrating on Computer Science and Psychology. Prior to this, I had worked for around 2.5 years at a leading security company as a software engineer and graduated from BITS Pilani (IN) with a focus on Computer Science and Finance. I am currently working on a project in Affective Computing and Natural Language Processing.

Although I have a fair experience in Computer Science and Software Engineering, I am very keen to dive deeper into the endlessly fascinating intersection of Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning and Cognitive/Computational Neuroscience. Additionally and unfortunately, I haven’t been very active in open-source communities so far. In this light, I am trying to rectify this and hoping to get started with contributing to the brilliant INCF’s open-source projects sooner than later, aiming for the upcoming #gsoc 2023.

Kindly advise if you have any pointers for beginners or just say hello! Looking forward to being an active part of this community.

Bound and rebound!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I am Mohammad Azhar Khan, currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree under the Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela. I am interested in Data Science and Machine Learning. I am excited to be a part of this community of neuroscientists. I have always been fascinated by the intricacies of the human brain, and have recently developed an interest in the intersection of neuroscience and machine learning. I believe that the combination of these two fields has the potential to unlock a deeper understanding of the brain and its functions, as well as lead to new and innovative methods for analyzing and interpreting neural data.
So far, I haven’t participated in many open-source communities. In light of this, I’m attempting to correct it and expecting to start assisting the INCF’s open-source initiatives as soon as possible, with a focus on the approaching #gsoc 2023.
I’m looking forward to contributing to this community.

1 Like

Hi Yahya,

Hope you are doing well. I have watched the Arnaud Delorme preprocessing EEG data tutorial on Youtube. Now I would like to work on EEG data by the functional network method. Would you suggest to me the best way to start this journey?

All the best,
Neda

1 Like

Hello everyone,
This is Sai Rithvik Padma, a Computer Science undergrad at BITS Pilani. I recently started doing open-source contributions. Can you suggest some good first issues to start contributing to the organization?

I am a frontend developer with a tech stack - HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Javascript, jQuery, React.js, Node.js, python, c, and java. I am always open to learning new technologies to become better in development.

My GitHub profile link: Rithvik-padma (Sai Rithvik Padma) · GitHub

Hoping to hear back from you soon!

Thanking You,
Sai Rithvik Padma

1 Like

Hi Neda,

Thanks for reaching out. I am glad that you found Arno’s tutorials; they are very helpful.

I believe that there are also resources regarding functional connectivity analysis through EEGLAB’s SIFT toolbox and ROI connect.

Please note that from my naive pov, channel-level functional connectivity (and network analysis) is not a good representation of brain connectivity, as neither the sources of the channel-level activity nor their implications are sufficiently defined. The two toolboxes above have different approaches to localizing the EEG activity and then trying to find the functional connectivity in the source domain.

You can start with source localization of your data and then use either toolbox to estimate the functional connectivity.

Good luck and all the best,
Yahya

1 Like

Hi everybody,
I am Neda. I am a master’s student in Physics, Complex systems @ IASBS in Zanjan, Iran. For my master’s thesis, I am working on EEG data collected from people with anxiety disorder and studying the effect of different types of mindfulness therapy on the subjects. From the EEG data, we derive the functional networks in different frequency bands before and after the therapy and use graph theoretical measures to inspect the changes in the functional network and evaluate the effectiveness of the therapy. I am a super enthusiastic one in neuroscience.
I would be happy if you share with me any toolbox or software or tutorials about brain functional networks which will help me during my project.

Thank you in advance for your help.

All the best,
Neda

1 Like

Hello everybody, my name is Dimitar!

I am an undergraduate student at Minerva University. I am here to learn more about neuroscience and python-based tools for analysis of neuroscience data. Over the past few months I was involved in a meta-analysis research project at National Taiwan University.
I wanted to ask for help with using the package NiMARE. I am having trouble with getting data for a few particular studies by using their IDs. Would appreciate it if someone could help out.
Apart from that, I am excited to meet the neuroscience community and exchange cool ideas!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m Saugat Kannojia, an undergraduate Computer Science and Engineering student at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. I am broadly interested in the field of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. I am very keen to dive deeper into the intersection of Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning and Cognitive/Computational Neuroscience.

To further my understanding of the field, I undertook some projects on Machine learning and Data Science and realised the implications of this field in the real world. I’m fluent in Python, C++, C, HTML, CSS, JavaScript and frameworks like Node.js, Flutter, TensorFlow and Keras. I love solving challenging problems and love to learn new things.

This year I am applying for GSoC in a project where I can use and improve upon my Deep Learning and Machine Learning skills and develop some new skills.

I’ve gone through previous year’s projects of INCF, and I am looking forward to contributing to the Organisation and learning from others here. Can you suggest some good first issues to start contributing to the organisation?

My GitHub profile link - friedrice123 - Saugat Kannojia

1 Like

Hey everyone, hope you all are good.
I am Rajagopalan, a CSE sophomore at Amrita University.
I primarily build full stack web applications (Next js, Typescript, React, Node, Express, Mongo), and also like building Mobile apps(Flutter).
I came across thus space and found out that it aligns with my interest towards open source. Looking forward to knowing you all growing togehter.
Cheers :clinking_glasses:

My github - rv602 (Rajagopalan) · GitHub

1 Like

Hii,
I am Adiba, a 2nd year biotechnology student, at BITS Pilani, Dubai, apart from research field, i am passionate about coding and AI

1 Like

Hey everyone!

I’m not new here, but I am reintroducing myself because a lot has changed since my last introductory post!

My name is Logan and I’m an undergraduate research assistant at the University of Pennsylvania. Most of my current work focuses on developing EEG tasks in MATLAB and running experiments. I have a range of other responsibilities as well that includes meta-analysis, academic writing, Qualtrics, jsPsych, PsychoPy, and professional management on behalf of UPenn. I also should be trained in fMRI data analysis within the next 2 months on a project using the ABCD Data Repository.

As I’ll be graduating this May, I’m looking for research opportunities (research coordinator, lab manager) that use EEG or fMRI to explore questions of cognition (specifically of linguistics, adolescent brain development, or learning disorders to name a few).

Any advice would be great as I look for opportunities to start my journey as a full-time researcher and eventually graduate school! I’d be happy to share my CV. Thanks!

1 Like

My name is Daniel, I have a PhD in Electrical Engineering/Signal Processing with strong programming skills. I started out developing algorithms for digital radar, but over the years have drifted through MRI and PET imaging to end up as a biostatistician researching image-based biomarkers for Parkinson’s Disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Favour James.
I’m a college student student electrical engineering.
I do data science and Machine learning and I’m interested in contributing to INCF for GSOC 2023

1 Like

Hi, I am Sampada, pursuing PhD.

1 Like

hi! i’m eva, i work with neuroimaging data but i’m a computational linguist by training. i’m here because nilearn is confusing me and they directed me here to ask for help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I am Anusha Gupta ([Github Profile]), an undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science and currently in my final year. I want to be a part GSOC,23 by contributing to INCF as it highly aligns to my skills. I have worked with Java, Python, ReactJS, Spring Boot, Scala, Apache Spark and also learning about Machine Learning and Data Science.

I browsed through the idea list of INCF and was totally blown of by the kind of projects and want to really contribute to the organization.

I am looking forward to be a part of this community and start the contribution

1 Like

Hi all, I’m Tom. I study the evolution of cognition, sometimes using MRI (particularly fMRI). I’m in the Cognitive Science Program at Indiana University, Bloomington

1 Like

Hello! I am Jamy.
I just started using some of the tools, e.g. dcm2bids…
works nicely. i just wondered how it deals with physio files.
Can some tools extract PULS, RESP from the dicom physio data?
(one dcm file, Siemens X series). I wish to avoid matlab…
Thanks and I wish all a nice day!

J.A

1 Like