Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone!

I’m Luc. I’m new here and so excited to have found this community.

I work at a startup called PropheticAI. We’re trying to induce and stabilize Lucid dreams using tFUS.

I’m currently working with a simultaneous EEG-fMRI dataset. I’m looking for a lab or facilities that are capable of fMRI-EEG simultaneous studies in the NYC area. I’m also looking to see if anyone is well practiced in removing artifacts in these datasets. I’d appreciate any leads!

Hi everyone,

I’m Usman Hiader, a data scientist at STechAI, and I’m also new here!
In my role, I’ve gained skills in data science and analytics, and I’m eager to explore how they can contribute to the community’s mission. I’m curious about the challenges in neuroscience research and how my background might be a good fit.

I’m keen to learn more about ongoing projects and how I can lend a hand. What are the current needs, and how can I best contribute? Looking forward to connecting and being part of this exciting journey!

Usman Hiader

Hi,
I’m Vishwani, research assistant in computational neuroscience and AI in IIT Delhi, India. I’m a beginner and its been 3 months since I started research in this domain. I am working on a project that deals with EEG data, biomarkers, ML modelling, functional connectivity in python language. Here to learn as much as I can! Looking forward.

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I’m Bharath Gaddam, a Second-year Computer Science student at RGIPT. I have a strong background in web development, having worked with technologies like Next.js, ReactJS.And also worked with few python libraries.
I’m currently engaged in learning ML. As an open source enthusiast, I’m always eagerly look for interesting and challenging projects.I found INCF align my interest and skill set.
I’m eager to contribute to the community, and I believe it will be a great learning experience for me.

Hello, my name is Olatunji N. O.

Hi everyone!
My name is Sahil Dharme, a B.Tech final year student at VNIT Nagpur.
Going through various open source community and browsing their work, INCF captured my attention strongly by their work and their principle of FAIR neuroinformatics. I did abit more researched and deeply wanted to contribute to Open source projects of INCF.

I have a strong background in Deep Learning (Currently working on a research paper for Single-Image-Super-Resolution task). Also I have good fluency in Web Development (MERN Stack) and Decentralized Blockchain Web-Apps.

I am very eager to explore field of neuro-science and want to apply my skills in solving some real world problems of this field. Looking forward to contribute :smile: . Any mentorship and guidance is appreciated.

Thank You,
Sahil Dharme

Hey everyone,

I’m Shireen Shaikh, a third year student at BITS Pilani, Goa, India. I’m pursuing a Masters in Biological sciences and a bachelors in engineering. The intersectional field of biology and computing has always excited me :laughing:. I have done some docking studies along with using ML for university projects. I’m actively looking for avenues to increase my knowledge in this field and to develop the new skill sets! Would love to connect with folks here!

Hey everyone
I am Priya Yadav ,2nd year undergrad student, I am inteersted in contributing to incf as this project interest me , I am hoping that its going to be a great time learning and contributing.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, My name is Didi Ramsaran, I’m a 23 yo psych undergrad student from Venezuela. I’ve been exploring creer path options and my interest in neuroscience has grown really fast. Right now I’m interested in learning more about computational neuroscience, especially computational cognitive neuroscience, and that’s what I do whenever I find free time hahaha. Other than that, i live cats, classical music and Asian culture (specially food).

I kind of know that CompNuero requires good knowledge in mathematics, programming abilities and ofc neuroscience, but I’m completely self studying a lot of these so any suggestion is welcomed, specially in programming, since it’s specially difficult for me :frowning:

I’d love to connect with beginners and seniors in the area, I don’t really know other people from around me that share my interests, and finding a group with other enthusiasts would be nice.

happy holidays everyone,

xoxo

that is so cool, I hope it goes well for you and that you learn a lot hehe

Hi I am Haleema! I am an Electrical Engineer working as a researcher and a Machine Learning Developer and am really enthusiastic about all things data! I got inspired to join the INCF community and contribute when I learned about its commitment to open and fair neuroscience. I feel like open information is the most important need of this age of data. I am looking forward to get to know you all and all the cool projects you are working on and contribute my part! Also hoping to learn new things along the way.

Hey everyone
I am Rohit prasad ,3rd year undergrad student, I am intrested in contributing to incf. I am hoping that its going to be a great time learning and contributing. Can any one help me how should i get started?

Thanks

Hey everyone ! I am Hitanshu Prasad, a pre final year student at IIT BHU (CSE) and is wishing to contribute here for GSOC’24. :slight_smile:

Hello INCF community,

I’m Aryan Prakhar, a sophomore at IIT BHU with solid Machine Learning experience from an MLE internship at an AI startup linked with the Allen Institute of AI. I’ve also conducted research with professor at Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, focusing on longitudinal data mining and Analysis. My personal projects include Brain Tumour Segmentation and Real-time Emotion Detection. Proficient in Tensorflow, OpenCV, Python and C, I’m excited to contribute and delve into neuro-informatics with the INCF community.

Cheers,
Aryan Prakhar

Hi everyone,

My name is Sangmin Yi.

I am a Post-Bac Research Assistant from the University of Texas at Austin. I am helping out with the development of tools and apps within the neuroimaging analysis service brainlife.io and QAing code for the neuroinformatics lab on campus.

Looking forward to getting a lot of good advice and help from this wonderful community,
Sangmin
(I also go by Alden, if that’s easier)

Hey INCF Community,

This is Pranay Agrawal, a pre-final year student at National Institute of Technology, Raipur. I am looking forward to contributing to open source this year with INCF.
I have contributed to open source in the fields of machine learning and deep learning. Some of my prominent projects include Surface defect detection, which was designed for steel industries using OpenCV and PyTorch. This was also presented in the Techfest of NIT Raipur and paper presentation event with IEEE in IIT Kharagpur. I have also worked on voice classification during my research internship at Indian School of Business and brain tumour classification using ResNet-50 architecture.
I am looking forward to learning, collaborate and grow with the community.

Hello everyone,

I am Chengsi Yi, a PhD student at the University of Florida. I am interested in human computer interaction and cognitive neuroscience that related to human navigation. I am currently working on strategy-shift during virtual navigation under neurofeedback using real-time fMRI.
Looking forward to learning more with and hopefully contributing to the community!

Hi, I’m Heba Allah! :wave:

I’m holding a Bachelor’s degree in Computers and Information specializing in Bioinformatics. and I’m genuinely interested in Neuroinformatics.

Cheers ! :sparkles:

Hello everyone!!!
My name is Tvisha Vedant and I am currently a second-year B.Tech Computer Science student at Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute,Mumbai , I am looking forward to contribute to INCF for
GSOC 24.
I have a strong background in various areas of computer science, including natural language processing (NLP), image processing , web development,Pytorch , using libraries like numpy/pandas and version control with Git/GitHub. I have worked extensively with LLMS like langchain, Transformer architecture, and NLP, which I applied in developing a healthcare chatbot(using the Llama model from hugging face after testing a lot many models).
I am new to the world of open source with just a few month’s experience but the entire concept and setting of open source contributions appeals me !!! And I am super excited to contribute to and be a part of the INCF community!!

Hello everyone,

I’m Zhennan Wan, a 19-year-old researcher from Tsinghua University, with a focus on 3D Computer Vision. My academic journey has been enriched by computer science courses, equipping me with robust programming skills.

I’m particularly excited about the opportunity to contribute to open-source projects through the GSoC program here at INCF Neurostars. I look forward to learning from and contributing to this vibrant community, merging my background in computer vision with neuroscience to push the boundaries of research.

Looking forward to engaging discussions and collaborative projects!

Best,
Zhennan